If you've got an iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, or another device with Touch ID support, then you can use a new jailbreak tweak called VirtualHome 8 by iOS developer moeseth to add more functionality to the fingerprint sensor and have the ability to use it for more things. VirtualHome 8 is an iOS 8 upgrade for the original VirtualHome jailbreak tweak that we showed you back in January.

What VirtualHome 8 basically allows you to do is use your Touch ID sensor as a Home Button. With it, you can "give your Home Button a break" and just tap on the sensor to simulate a Home Button press. This way, you're putting less wear and tear on the mechanical moving parts of your iPhone, and using electronic means of invoking a Home Button press instead.

To help prevent the Touch ID sensor from confusing itself with anything else, like Reachability or fingerprint scanning, the developer gives you different invocation methods to choose from:

- Single tap
    - Double tap
    - Short hold
    - Single tap and short hold

In addition to allowing you to simulate a Home Button press that would normally close applications, VirtualHome 8 also allows you to tap on the Touch ID sensor while your device is in sleep mode to wake the device up. The developer calls this feature "QuickUnlock."

VirtualHome 8 can be blacklisted from use in any application that you want from the tweak's settings, so if you're worried about conflicts, just disable that particular application.

If you want to give VirtualHome 8 a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for $1.49. You will NEED to install "AppList' manually if you don't already have it installed, as it's required to blacklist applications from VirtualHome 8. iOS 8 and a Touch ID-enabled iOS device are required to use VirtualHome 8.

Name: VirtualHome 8 (iOS 8)
    Price: $1.49
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1, Touch ID
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: moeseth
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2014-11-26 05:29 PM
    Sorry but what am I missing here? Activator can do all this and more for free
    2014-11-26 06:01 PM
    Been waiting for this release! By far, one of the best tweaks to come out for our devices!!!

As far as Activator functionality, yes, it's true that Activator can do some of these things. It's not as fluid and precise, though. Also, Activator can't wake your device from sleep like VH can. VH also has a tactile feedback mode which Activator isn't able to offer.
    2014-11-26 06:44 PM
    So I already own and have been using VirtualHome 7 on my iPhone 6+ with no issues. I'm not sure why I need to upgrade.
    2014-11-26 07:01 PM
    So I already own and have been using VirtualHome 7 on my iPhone 6+ with no issues. I'm not sure why I need to upgrade.
    I wasn't able to get 'wake from sleep' to work. Other than that, there's no real reason except for other options he added to the Settings.
    2014-11-26 07:05 PM
    I thought because it was updated for iOS 8 it would work better but other than quick unlock it doesn't do anything on my 5s actually virtual home for iOS 7 works better. Weird
    2014-11-26 07:16 PM
    I thought because it was updated for iOS 8 it would work better but other than quick unlock it doesn't do anything on my 5s actually virtual home for iOS 7 works better. Weird
    That's is strange... I'm running VH8 and it's working perfectly! My only hiccup seems to be w/ LockGlyph but I had those issues prior to this.
    2014-11-26 07:35 PM
    That's is strange... I'm running VH8 and it's working perfectly! My only hiccup seems to be w/ LockGlyph but I had those issues prior to this.
    I use LockGlyph also could that be the reason it's not working or?
    2014-11-26 07:41 PM
    I use LockGlyph also could that be the reason it's not working or?
    IDK...LockGlyph has a bug that disables TouchID of its used too quickly
    2014-11-26 08:04 PM
    The first release (from yesterday) worked quite erratically for me (speaking of QuickUnlock feature). Version 1.0.1 released today works much better.
    2014-11-26 08:07 PM
    I use activator on my 6 plus to do all the exact same features except the wake feature and it's free and works flawlessly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014-11-27 04:05 AM
    I use activator on my 6 plus to do all the exact same features except the wake feature and it's free and works flawlessly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QuickUnlock is my favorite feature of VH. I gladly paid just for that feature alone! The others are nice, too, but I grew so accustomed to QuickUnlock that I prefer not going w/out it.

BTW, I disabled LockGlyph and haven't had any unlocking issues since then.

I also downgraded VH8 cuz I felt it was buggy. Looking forward to another update but I'm good for now!
    2014-11-27 04:35 AM
    Anyone know if this plays nice with "itouchsecure"?

I was using activator to simulate home button press with single tap of the touch sensor but it won't let itouchsecure read my fingerprint before it simulates the home button and basically cancels everything. So now I jus use swipe up from bottom right to simulate home button. I miss tweaks like dock (iOS 3 I think) where swiping from bottom right bought up a customisable app launcher.

Edit: just looked it up and dock still exists but isn't compatible with iOS 8
    Last edited by Gervs; 2014-11-27 at 05:06 AM.
    2014-11-27 04:57 AM
    This is a great tweak! I've been using it since yesterday. The fact that it has been updated makes it work a lot better. In fact, it works well with iTouchsecure tweak also. This will indeed save wear and tear on the home button. Just leave the toggles as is when installed.
    2014-11-27 11:09 AM
    Virtual home was 1 of the tweaks that kept me on iOS 7.1.2 for as long as possible until the iOS 8.1.1 came out and I didn't want to miss the window to upgrade to 8.1
    After the upgrade I installed VH for iOS7. It worked ok but the waking up feature was hit or miss. Now, with the VH for iOS 8 I can give both home and power buttons a brake again. Thanks moeseth ��
    Last edited by tihomirbg; 2014-11-27 at 06:23 PM.
    2014-11-27 06:12 PM
    Hi
    For me is not working the Virtual Home 8 After I Respring and Reboot Stoped working is not recognized my touch id, I had to removed and clean everthing installed again same problem works a little bit and stops working. Is a bug iphone 5s 8.1.
    2014-11-29 09:59 PM
    Yesterday's update keeps kicking my phone into silent. Very odd and annoying as hell.

It's the "vibrate on touch" "override system vibrate settings" that was causing this. Disabled and mute is no longer kicking on by itself every few minutes.

The vibrate feature isn't working anyway.
    Last edited by edwilk55; 2015-01-16 at 03:03 PM.
    2015-01-16 02:34 PM
    Hello
    Any you guys have this problem like: when I turning off celluar data & wifi the Virtual Home 8 is stopping working not working anymore if I turn on bought or just only like celluar data or wifi still not working, I have to reinstalled from cydia to working again great. I think VH8 is working just if this options are ON. iPhone 6 ios 8.1.2
    2015-02-22 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD