You may remember a cool jailbreak tweak called ColorY0urBoard by iOS developer MoonWolf that we showed you in February. The tweak allowed you to colorize your keyboard color in iOS so that it could be something other than white or dark gray.

MoonWolf has released an iOS 8-compatible version of the tweak in Cydia called ColorY0urBoard8 that works on both iOS 7 and iOS 8. It's a 99 upgrade from the original ColorY0urBoard if you already own the tweak and a $1.99 purchase for new users that want to add this functionality to their iOS devices.

Like the original version of the tweak, it will add a new application icon to your Home Screen where you can select a color that you want to use for your keyboard with a color picker. You can also pick the alpha level that customizes how opaque or transparent the coloring will be, as well as enable or disable the effects on demand:

ColorY0urBoard8 is a cool way to get some nice effects out of your device that even some third-party iOS 8 keyboards can't match. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for $1.99.

Name: ColorY0urBoard8
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: MoonWolf
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-12-08 at 04:55 PM.
    2014-12-08 04:48 PM
    Or... Get a free keyboard that allows theming from the app store? Or adaptive keyboard that colors or for free? Why would you pay for this?

Edit: like mine
    Last edited by SpiderManAPV; 2014-12-08 at 05:06 PM.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-12-08 05:00 PM
    Double post

......beware......
    2014-12-08 05:06 PM
    Or... Get a free keyboard that allows theming from the app store? Or adaptive keyboard that colors or for free? Why would you pay for this?
    Well that's just the thing. I'm not entirely convinced that third-party iOS 8 keyboards are "finished" just yet. Apple has them so locked down that it always switches from the third-party keyboard to Apple's keyboard for passwords, and if you accidentally tap on the globe button, you're in Apple's keyboard again.

This is a better solution for people that want a more "finished" look and feel. There won't be any switching back to a boring keyboard when entering a password, or when you tap on the globe button by accident. So your keyboard is always colored no matter what.
    2014-12-08 05:07 PM
    Understandable. I still feel rather sure that there's been other free tweaks with the same functionality, but I guess that's up to each person what he/she wants.

......beware......
    2014-12-08 06:18 PM
    Well that's just the thing. I'm not entirely convinced that third-party iOS 8 keyboards are "finished" just yet. Apple has them so locked down that it always switches from the third-party keyboard to Apple's keyboard for passwords, and if you accidentally tap on the globe button, you're in Apple's keyboard again.

This is a better solution for people that want a more "finished" look and feel. There won't be any switching back to a boring keyboard when entering a password, or when you tap on the globe button by accident. So your keyboard is always colored no matter what.
    The alert keyboard is prob something that's not allowed.
    Last edited by vXBaKeRXv; 2014-12-08 at 09:08 PM.
    2014-12-08 06:51 PM
    I saved the color scheme i want but where do i activate it??
    2014-12-10 09:28 PM
    I don't own that tweak..
    You don't see a respring button?

Looks like you save color then there should be a respring button somewhere.

Try using another tweak to respring-
    2014-12-10 10:26 PM
    No respring. I have rebooted. Still nothing.
    2014-12-11 01:10 AM
    No respring. I have rebooted. Still nothing.
    In the upper left hand corner click on the button that says "Turn on". I closed the app and opened my keyboard and that fixed it.
    2014-12-11 03:55 PM
    Yup. Thank you Stacey. 👍
    2014-12-11 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD