Despite Apple's best hopes to keep supplies of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 units plentiful even amidst crushing demand during this holiday shopping season, there's no denying the fact that supplies are definitely being strained in the final days of the Christmas shopping bonanza.

With the holiday fast approaching next week, rumblings have been rampant across the U.S. that supplies of Apple's newest smartphones are barely keeping up with demand in many stores. Auspiciously, however, Piper Jaffray analyst and resident Apple watcher Gene Munster says there will likely be enough supplies to avoid missing many sales.

In fact, the supply issue may actually be improving, according to Munster, although not to the extent Apple had hoped. "In an investor's report released on Monday," CNET summarized today, "the analyst shared that Apple stores indicated 56 percent of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus models were available as of December 12 -- a big jump from almost no supply in mid-November, but still not the 100 percent availability that was expected at this point."

The hardest devices to find remain the 128GB iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. When purchased from Apple online, these particular models still show a shipping turnaround time of 7 to 10 business days. So if they aren't ordered very, very soon, it's unlikely a last-minute shopper interested in the high-capacity model won't get the hardware in time for Christmas.

Source: CNET
    2014-12-15 07:49 PM
    Good god. Can't imagine what it's like, to grow up in a family, where you get an iPhone 6+ for Christmas.
    Moving Shadow
    2014-12-15 10:14 PM
    good god. Can't imagine what it's like, to grow up in a family, where you get an iphone 6+ for christmas.
    lol!!
    2014-12-16 01:32 AM
    Lmao - me neither BUT I do know what's it's like to save for "the next big thing" months in advance
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?
    2014-12-16 03:22 AM
    Lmao - me neither BUT I do know what's it's like to save for "the next big thing" months in advance
    Got me on that one. I just find my stuff on the black market. Did I say that out loud?
    Moving Shadow
    2014-12-16 03:29 AM
    Good god. Can't imagine what it's like, to grow up in a family, where you get an iPhone 6+ for Christmas.
    My cousin is from divorced parents who try to outdo each other every year. Gets the newest iPhone every year. Last year she got a car... A brand spanking new Camry.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-12-16 04:48 AM
    My kids get our old iPhones, providing they are meeting our requirements with respect to behavior and school performance. But, they don't get phone service-that's bloody expensive! My daughter now gets $10 at a time on a pay-as-you-go service, but that's for our convenience😙
    2014-12-16 05:47 AM
    I attempted to order an iPhone 6 4.7 64GB Sunday and AT&T just cancelled my order without my permission and is apparently refunding me. They didn't even inform me of the cancellation and are still taking orders for the 6. What in the blue f is wrong with them. I'm wondering if because I did not want to use their new financing option if I was little to no priority.
    2014-12-17 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD