User Tag List

After having just debuted his App Store keyboard iKeywi in the middle of October, iOS developer Hiraku has just released an iOS 8-compatible version of his popular iKeywi keyboard jailbreak tweak in Cydia.

Both are awesome keyboards that add an extra row of keys to the stock iOS keyboard to make inputting numbers and symbols faster and easier, although the developer notes that the jailbreak tweak version is much more powerful because it integrates with the stock keyboard of iOS to become accessible everywhere and not just where Apple wants it to be. For example, the jailbreak tweak version of iKeywi can be used to input passwords or to search SpotLight.

iKeywi 3 is available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for $1.99 and works great with iOS 8. The keyboard supports all languages that iOS supports, works in both portrait and landscape orientation, makes it easier to shift the cursor and use undo/redo, and is compatible with many popular keyboard extensions, such as HandyKey, ShowCase, and SwipeSelection.

If you're using HandyKey, iKeywi 3 will make use of the empty space on one side of the keyboard by putting text-editing buttons in the empty space, similarly to the text-editing buttons you would normally see if you rotated your iPhone 6 Plus into landscape mode while using the stock iOS 8 keyboard:

iKeywi 3 adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure it to your liking:

Here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, configure the representation of the capital keypad, small keypad, number keypad, and symbol keyboard, and you can even configure the displacement of the capital keypad, small keypad, number keypad, and symbol keypad. You will also be able to adjust the height of the keys in either portrait or landscape mode. A reset settings button at the bottom of the preferences pane makes it possible to easily go back to the default settings when you want to.

The tweak is handy when you want to type faster without switching between keyboard views constantly to get to numbers and special symbols that you use on a regular basis. If you want to give iKeywi 3 for iOS 8 a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now. The tweak requires iOS 8 to be installed and iKeywi 2 is available for those still running iOS 7.

Name: iKeywi 3 (iOS 8)
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 3.0.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Hiraku
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2014-12-28 07:28 PM
    Nice. I'll give this a shot.
    2014-12-29 07:02 AM
    I wish someone would develop a swipe tweak for the "stock" keyboard
    2014-12-29 10:36 PM
    Okay I tried it out for a while and it works as advertised.

However, my error rate went off the charts! The buttons are too small for me, apparently.
    2014-12-31 06:09 AM
    Yay!
    2014-12-31 09:04 AM
    I love this keyboard. So far the only place I don't get my numerical keys row is in Cydia!
    2015-01-12 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD