Every so often you run into a scenario where it would be useful if you could just lock down everything on your iOS device so that no one can get into everything. This is especially so when someone gets ahold of your iOS device and you know they know your passcode. For this, iOS developer Ruslan Ardashev released panicLock back in August to let you lock everything down with an Activator action, whether someone knows your passcode or not.

Ardashev has just released an updated version of the tweak for iOS 8 called panicLock [iOS 8] in Cydia. The new version works on Apple's latest mobile operating system and has the same idea in mind.

The tweak lets you invoke an Activator action, and when invoked, it will be impossible to launch any applications, read your notifications, open Notification Center or Control Center, open the App Switcher, or use any other core functionality of iOS without first invoking the Activator action a second time to disable the tweak's protection.

As the developer demonstrates in the video below, it is useful for family members that know your passcode, but you still want to keep your information safe nonetheless:

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can assign an Activator action to the tweak:

If you foresee yourself getting mugged and you don't have a passcode, the tweak can also help keep your information safe from the thief. Mostly, the tweak will come in handy for keeping people that know your passcode out of your information. We recommend assigning the tweak a very easy-to-invoke Activator gesture that you will remember so that you don't have to try too hard to enable the tweak if you have to.

To give panicLock [iOS 8] a try, head over to Cydia's BigBoss repository right now. The tweak requires iOS 8 to be installed, although a separate version of the tweak exists for iOS 7. Activator is required to invoke panicLock.

Name: panicLock [iOS 8]
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-4
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ruslan Ardashev
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    2014-12-29 03:44 AM
    Anyone have an alternative to touchpose+?
    2014-12-29 08:22 AM
    I wish he made this so everything get's erased from the phone. Like a total reset . Is there anything out there that can do that ?
    2014-12-29 10:37 AM
    I wish he made this so everything get's erased from the phone. Like a total reset . Is there anything out there that can do that ?
    Think only way you can do this is to set your passcode, so incorrect 10 times wipes the phone. Not sure if it works on jailbroken devices though
    2014-12-29 12:09 PM
    You should be able to remote wipe via find myiPhone
    iCloud: Erase your device
    2014-12-29 03:25 PM
    I want to do it Instantly with a activator action. So nobody has a chance.
    2014-12-29 10:05 PM
    I want to do it Instantly with a activator action. So nobody has a chance.
    sounds like an accident waiting to happen...
    2014-12-30 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD