"ASAP" may be an overused term, but it certainly fits in this application. According to the latest chatter across the pond, Apple is working overtime to bring Apple Pay -- the company's new red hot mobile payments platform -- to the EU's leading financial institutions ASAP.

In this case, ASAP refers to the first half of 2015. Sources speaking with the U.K. Telegraph confirm that Apple is doing everything in its power to make critical deals happen as quickly as possible. Eager to expand its mobile payments platform in Europe, Apple is on pace to get what it wants. The only question is whether its ideal timetable for launch will be possible.

"Apple has been encouraged enough to press ahead with plans to roll the system out across the world," the report reads, noting that the iDevice maker even touted a job opening at one point this month that referred to Apple Pay as a "new and exciting area in Apple that is set to expand across Europe, Middle East, India and Africa.

For now, Apple isn't directly addressing its plans for Apple Pay in Europe. But the company has made no secret of its intention to bring Apple Pay to global consumers in 2015.

Source: UK Telegraph
    2014-12-29 06:56 PM
    Interesting that its reported that British banks are uncomfortable with how much data Apple wants to collect about their customers

I never thought I'd be praising the banks for looking after our privacy
    2014-12-30 01:09 AM
    I will never use Apple Pay... Simply put Apple doesn't belong in the middle of all of my payments.

If they want to create a framework that each of my banks apps can hook into and use Touch ID that's fine and Apple won't need my CC info but to force me to give Apple all of my info just so they can take a cut of the action is BS.
    2014-12-30 04:01 PM
    I will never use Apple Pay... Simply put Apple doesn't belong in the middle of all of my payments.

If they want to create a framework that each of my banks apps can hook into and use Touch ID that's fine and Apple won't need my CC info but to force me to give Apple all of my info just so they can take a cut of the action is BS.
    1. Take a look at how Apple Pay actually works.

2. Apple already has at least one of your credit card numbers for your iTunes account..... Right?
    2015-01-03 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD