The iOS Phone interface shows the phone number of the person that you're calling or that has called you, unless they're a contact, then it shows their name. For those phone numbers where you have no idea where they're coming from, a new jailbreak tweak called Area Code Display Pro by iOS developer vibez tries to help you out.

Area Code Display Pro will show you the city or town of the phone number of just about anyone you're on the phone with, as shown above. The city or town appears at the very bottom of the iOS Phone application's user interface while you're in the middle of a call.

Notably, this only works for land line phone numbers, and not mobile phone numbers, because only land lines have a solid way of tracking the current location of the caller via the phone number alone to where the location will appear on the display.

The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure, and it's compatible with both iOS 7 and iOS 8 devices. Since it relies on the Phone application, the tweak only works with iPhones.

Name: Area Code Display Pro
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: vibez
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    2015-01-05 08:12 PM
    My iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1.2) already shows me at least the state, and many times also the city, of incoming calls... no jailbreak or tweaks required.
    2015-01-05 08:42 PM
    How is it done on a non jail broken iPhone!
    2015-01-05 08:58 PM
    My iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1.2) already shows me at least the state, and many times also the city, of incoming calls... no jailbreak or tweaks required.
    The tweak serves mainly to help with numbers that don't show it. It also works with outgoing calls, so if you're calling someone back, you will know where you're calling to.
    2015-01-05 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD