Rumors were circulating early in December of the possibility that Apple would once again make another 4-inch iPhone to make happy those that are unsatisfied with the one-handed use of the larger displays of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, as well as help those that are on tighter budgets.

A more recent look at this possibility reveals that it probably isn't going to happen. Inside sources of Apple's supply chains are denying that any all-new 4-inch iPhone will be seeing the light in the near future. Instead, Apple seems to be more interested in their larger display handsets, which conveniently compete better with today's modern smartphones.

Wei Feng network today through Apple's supply chain has learned about the 4-inch screen iPhone 6s argument is just a hype.

Supply chain sources said that Apple has not made ​​any new production tasks iPhone 4 inches to parts of the supply chain, and therefore will be launched on 4-inch screen Apple iPhone 6s argument is not true - at least so far.
    Currently, Apple continues to sell the iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s alongside the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, although it's likely that at least the iPhone 5c, if not the iPhone 5s too, will be phased out with the next iPhone refresh due to the lack of the new hardware that is existent in Apple's latest iPhones, such as NFC for ApplePay.

Unfortunately, if you were holding out until the next iPhone refresh to get your hands on a 4-inch iPhone again, you will probably end up empty-handed. Future iPhones will probably be following the larger display model already introduced in 2014 from this point forward, as they've proven to be a very successful sell.

Sources: MacRumors
    2015-01-05 11:21 PM
    I've been with Apple since day one and while I've been waiting for a while for the plus sized screen. I have to say, a 4" screen would better serve your already loyal customers. What ever size you have to give them to keep them Apple. It is smart business sense, unless Apple will be shifting their focus to wearable smart devices.
    2015-01-06 11:43 PM
    I love the smaller screen. I really do. I actually went back from my 6 to just get the one handed use back for a while. I've gotten used to the 6 and I love it now, but part of me would love a smaller phone to work with.
    2015-01-07 06:27 AM
    IMO 5" phones are not going to stay in race if manufactures will not make new technologies to make comfortable to control with one hand. It will be advantage for Apple to continue making 4" phone.
    2015-01-07 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD