To those that have been waiting to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus until Apple began selling its completely SIM-free and unlocked model, good news is coming.

Apple is reportedly set to start selling its SIM-free, unlocked iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus tomorrow (Tuesday) in the United States. This particular model does not come with any SIM cards for any carrier, and is unlocked from the factory, meaning that users can buy their own plan from any carrier that they want and then insert that SIM card into their new iPhone to get service.

As 9to5Mac reports, the SIM-free, unlocked iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will be available both online, as well as in Apple's own retail stores across the United States.

The unlocked iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will be sold at non-subsidized prices starting at $649.00 for the base model iPhone 6 and $749.00 for the base model iPhone 6 Plus; the pricing goes up from there depending on the model and the storage space options. On the other hand, because the user is buying the iPhone at a non-subsidized price, they own the iPhone outright without any contracts.

Sources: 9to5Mac
    2015-01-06 12:14 AM
    Or one could have purchased a t-mobile flavor which is unlocked and a contract free phone from the get go and had the same thing...

Better yet, the Apple iPhone site currently says "Unlocked and contract-free" above the t-mobile flavor and always had if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by artbran; 2015-01-06 at 01:05 AM.
    2015-01-06 01:03 AM
    Is the T-Mo unlocked? I just bought one and before switching from my Verizon account I dropped my Verizon SIM in the T-Mo iPhone 6 and it wouldn't work.
    2015-01-06 01:30 AM
    Verizon also
    2015-01-06 01:31 AM
    T-mo still sells the GSM unlocked iPhones. The Verizon phones are CDMA/GSM. In other words, you can't stick a Verizon sim in a tmo phone but you CAN stick a tmo sim in a verizon phone. Verizon iPhones are the only truly unlocked phones, at least until tomorrow.
    2015-01-06 01:33 AM
    I've got one
    2015-01-06 01:45 AM
    Bought my phone from Apple full price two months ago it was unlocked even though it came with a Sim card for Verizon.
    2015-01-06 01:55 AM
    AT&T unlocked all my iphone 6's (three) just called before applying online for unlock and claimed I was traveling overseas for three months. Then filled the forms out online, boom! three hours later phones unlocked. My friend also just checked "active military" and that worked too.
    2015-01-06 02:06 AM
    So what's the difference between the new unlocked iPhones that will be sold tomorrow (1/6/14) and just buying one, at full price, from Apple (AT&T version) and having AT&T unlock it???
    2015-01-06 02:15 AM
    So what's the difference between the new unlocked iPhones that will be sold tomorrow (1/6/14) and just buying one, at full price, from Apple (AT&T version) and having AT&T unlock it???
    hassle?
    2015-01-06 02:46 AM
    It's not a hassle to have your phone unlocked by AT&T. I bought my 6 plus (at full price) from the Apple Store, came home, filled out the unlock form and had my unlock authorization within an hour. I guess the only hassle for me was having to restore my phone to get it unlocked.
    2015-01-06 03:09 AM
    To some just having to do that is a hassle. Easier to walk right out with a unlocked iPhone. People could just as easily have ordered or bought the T-Mobile version all this time though to get a unlocked iPhone 6. So no real difference there. Just won't get a t-mobile sim in the phone.
    2015-01-06 03:58 AM
    I have an AT&T iPhone 5 that I did the online unlock process for. I got the verification email. What is the next step to be able to use it when on vacation in Costa Rica with a local SIM ?
    2015-01-06 04:17 AM
    I have an AT&T iPhone 5 that I did the online unlock process for. I got the verification email. What is the next step to be able to use it when on vacation in Costa Rica with a local SIM ?
    Try to stick TMo sim on it. If it works then it's already unlock
    2015-01-06 04:36 AM
    I wonder if the unlocked ones will work with CDMA carriers Verizon and Sprint? I know the Verizon model is unlocked and you can use it on AT&T or T-Mobile
    2015-01-06 05:20 AM
    T-mo still sells the GSM unlocked iPhones. The Verizon phones are CDMA/GSM. In other words, you can't stick a Verizon sim in a tmo phone but you CAN stick a tmo sim in a verizon phone. Verizon iPhones are the only truly unlocked phones, at least until tomorrow.
    Man I haven't posted anything on this site in years, just come to read the articles and some comments, yours really hit a nerve, as to you have no clue what you are talking about, first of with the iPhone 6 and 6+ these are universal phones, there is no cdma or gsm phone, all are one. T-Mobile ones at full price or any other carriers at full price are all unlocked. I purchased my gf for Christmas a T-Mobile one unlocked for Verizon, popped her Verizon sim and like "magic" it worked. Don't spread ridiculous information like that.
    2015-01-06 07:47 AM
    Man I haven't posted anything on this site in years, just come to read the articles and some comments, yours really hit a nerve, as to you have no clue what you are talking about, first of with the iPhone 6 and 6+ these are universal phones, there is no cdma or gsm phone, all are one. T-Mobile ones at full price or any other carriers at full price are all unlocked. I purchased my gf for Christmas a T-Mobile one unlocked for Verizon, popped her Verizon sim and like "magic" it worked. Don't spread ridiculous information like that.
    You're right. I was wrong. The iPhone 6 is universal. Except for Sprint. Anyone know why?

https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Ps I disagree with your statement on magic. Magic isn't real.
    2015-01-06 08:22 AM
    Wow, if this misinformation got on you nerve, I would stay away from Fox news. 😝
    2015-01-06 08:52 AM
    Is the T-Mo unlocked? I just bought one and before switching from my Verizon account I dropped my Verizon SIM in the T-Mo iPhone 6 and it wouldn't work.
    2015-01-06 09:33 AM
    I just filled out the unlock form on ATT and got my iPhone 6+ unlocked no issues. Maybe it's because I'm doing the Next Program and not under a 2 yr contract.
    2015-01-06 10:00 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD