Antenna79 announced a new case for Apple’s iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices at CES 2015, called Reach79. The case is apparently supposed to increase signal strength as well as performance by up to two times for the devices. Antenna79’s CEO David Vigil noted that battery life of the iPhone would improve due to the increase in signal strength. Since the device won’t be working on picking up signal, the battery life would in turn increase as well.

"We all want to get the most from our smartphones, and that’s exactly what Reach79 cases were designed to do,” said David Vigil, CEO, Antenna79. Powered by patented antenna technology, Reach79 cases are the first performance-enhancing smartphone cases designed for speed. Each case is embedded with a micro-thin, gold-plated antenna that works to increase your smartphone’s signal strength so your phone can do more for you.
    On top of increasing battery life and reception, Reach79 is supposed to give users less dropped calls, better signal coverage, and quicker speed for downloading. Antenna79 noted that the new case has been tested by a CTIA accredited facility called CETECOM. The verification confirmed that signal strength is increased with the case by 1.6 times and peaked at 2 times compared to without the case. However, consumers are told that this all depends on the location, carrier and device.

Those who are interested in Reach79 can purchase the case on Reach79.com. Pricing for the iPhone 6 case is $59.99 and the larger 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus case is $69.99. Currently, Reach79 only comes in one color (black) but it was noted that more colors will be released soon in the upcoming months. Will you be trying this case out? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Source: Reach79, MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2015-01-07 04:20 PM
    This looks great. I went to buy one for my 6 plus and apparently there are already "inventory issues"
    Attached Thumbnails New Reach79 Case to Increase Battery Life and Signal Strength-image.jpg  
    2015-01-07 06:17 PM
    I'm very curious about this case.
    2015-01-07 06:52 PM
    I wonder how much protection it offers.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-01-07 06:56 PM
    Same here: some of the items in cart have become unavailable
    If it aint broke... you aint try'en hard enough
    2015-01-07 07:12 PM
    I want to see how big the case is before I buy anything like it. I don't have many signal issues where I can't get on a wifi signal, so it wouldn't be worth that much added bulk
    2015-01-07 10:08 PM
    So it's not an external battery case like the Mophie juice packs? Just the signal amplifier?
    2015-01-08 01:03 AM
    Site has been updated and now 6+ users can order. Shipping starts the week of the 19th though.
    2015-01-08 01:14 AM
    I like the idea, and the case looks nice, but I'm very sceptical. There are not many credible reviews on this product, so without someone coming out and showing some scientific results that this actually worked, I will hold off and save my $70.
    2015-01-08 09:38 PM
    I like the idea, and the case looks nice, but I'm very sceptical. There are not many credible reviews on this product, so without someone coming out and showing some scientific results that this actually worked, I will hold off and save my $70.
    2015-01-08 09:47 PM
    Why aren't these for 5/5s as well? They would make so much cash.
    2015-01-09 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD