The Clock application icon on the Home Screen is animated, and it updates in real time to show you the time right down to the second. While it's a nice little feature to have, it sure would be nice if there was a tweak to theme the way it looked so that it wasn't so downright boring in appearance.

If you agree, then you're going to love a new jailbreak tweak called Circulate by iOS developer Josh Doctors. This tweak allows you to theme the animated Clock application icon on the Home Screen, making it possible to animate it in multiple different ways. You can pick the theme that you want, and even colorize it the way that you want, so that the overall look is just what you want.

Shown above, you can see just how the tweak can affect your Clock application icon. Below, are some more examples of the tweak in action, using different colors for the icon:

Circulate adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak to your liking:

From here, you can:

• Enable or disable the tweak on demand
    • Enable or disable 24-hour time
    • Select the theme that you want to use (there are 4 pre-made themes)
    • Configure the colors and details for the seconds
    • Configure the colors and details for the minutes
    • Configure the colors and details for the hours
    • Configure the background of the Clock application icon

The four themes you have to pick from are:

• Concentric circles
    • Rising bars
    • Solar
    • Hex

In terms of configuring the colors and details for the seconds, minutes, and hours, you can do the following:

• Choose a color for the seconds, minutes, or hours
    • Configure the appearance of the elements in the animation
    • And more, depending on the theme that you choose

For the background of the Clock application icon, you can:

• Use a background .png
    • Configure a color of your choice
    • Configure both a first and second color

If you choose to use a custom background, you can place your background image in /Library/PreferenceBundles/CirculateSettings.bundle/ with the correct alias of background.png, [email protected], or [email protected].

Circulate has the ability to create some pretty awesome and jaw-dropping effects that are much more interesting than Apple's basic clock animation for the Clock application icon. Best of all, because the animations only animate at the same intervals as Apple's Clock application icon does, this tweak won't affect battery life in any way shape or form.

Circulate is compatible with iOS 8 and is available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for 99.

Name: Circulate
    Price: 99
    Version: 0.0.1-201
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Josh Doctors
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2015-01-07 05:52 PM
    This tweak willl be amazing if only it had a 'normal' analogue clock theme with moving hour, minute, second hands
    2015-01-07 06:45 PM
    Have to admit this looks pretty sick.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-01-07 06:46 PM
    This tweak willl be amazing if only it had a 'normal' analogue clock theme with moving hour, minute, second hands
    So.... like the stock one? Or am I completely misunderstanding you?
    2015-01-07 06:49 PM
    Yet another pointless paid tweak.. They should actually pay us to download this.
    2015-01-07 08:04 PM
    Yet another pointless paid tweak.. They should actually pay us to download this.
    Yet another pointless statement from someone who creates/offers nothing. If you don't like the tweak, then you don't buy it. How hard is that? Since it's "pointless" you logically shouldn't care if they are charging for it. The only way you would care is if you're for some reason upset it costs 99 cents because you wanted it for free.

That's how logic works folks. So your response can either be: 1. "I'm illogical and have too many feelings that I insist on sharing with the internet", or 2. "I'm an idiot" There really is no other answer as to why someone would be considers about the price of a pointless item they do not wish to possess.
    2015-01-08 12:13 AM
    I contribute quite a lot and I think it's pointless!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-01-08 12:19 AM
    Anything like this for ios7. No need for me to upgrade to ios8 and waste the space
    2015-01-08 01:43 AM
    Besides getting this tweak that is.

2015-01-08 02:09 AM
    I contribute quite a lot and I think it's pointless!
    Why?

Functionally, it does about as much as any Winterboard theme does. All it does is make something pretty.

If you're looking to spice it up a bit and have something less bland, this is a direction one could go.
    2015-01-08 06:02 AM
    The whole point of installing a tweak would be to enhance a stock feature of iOS. Although this tweak makes the stock Clock icon pretty, it makes the stock feature itself redundant i.e. being able to read the time by looking at the icon (which shows it in analog mode). Unless I am missing something, once you install 'Circulate', no matter which theme you use, there is no way anymore to tell the time by just looking at the Clock icon.
    2015-01-08 08:36 AM
    The whole point of installing a tweak would be to enhance a stock feature of iOS. Although this tweak makes the stock Clock icon pretty, it makes the stock feature itself redundant i.e. being able to read the time by looking at the icon (which shows it in analog mode). Unless I am missing something, once you install 'Circulate', no matter which theme you use, there is no way anymore to tell the time by just looking at the Clock icon.
    Since the icon is animated, it requires a learning curve to understand. Your time-telling won't be as precise anymore, but you can get a rough estimate. The Clock application icon is redundant anyhow, because the time appears in the Status Bar as a digital reading while you're on the Home Screen.
    2015-01-08 05:50 PM
    I actually like this tweak...

You can customize your clock app with any background and different clock hands etc...

If you look, it's 11:05 and 28 seconds
    You can also resize the dots/hands/...

How to Change the Animated Theme of Your Clock Application Icon in iOS 8 With 'Circulate'-img_0330.jpg
    2015-01-09 06:14 AM
    Why?

Functionally, it does about as much as any Winterboard theme does. All it does is make something pretty.

If you're looking to spice it up a bit and have something less bland, this is a direction one could go.
    Funny thing is, I don't think it's very functional. Too hard to read for me. Maybe for the kids it's ok.

2015-01-09 06:29 AM
    This is easy enough to read...

How to Change the Animated Theme of Your Clock Application Icon in iOS 8 With 'Circulate'-aaa.png
    Attached Thumbnails How to Change the Animated Theme of Your Clock Application Icon in iOS 8 With 'Circulate'-img_0330.jpg  
    Last edited by Sniper488; 2015-01-09 at 08:10 AM.
    2015-01-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD