The iOS locking screen animation style is very boring – once you press the sleep button, your display just shuts off. Android L, on the other hand, has a really smooth fade away animation that happens when you go to press the sleep button, and if you want to make your iOS 8 device do the same, then you're in luck with a new free jailbreak tweak called CheeseCake by iOS developer Noeliel!

Now, we understand that many of you are avid iOS device users and probably have no idea what the Android L locking screen animation looks like. Admittedly, I didn't either. So the developer has included this handy little demonstration video in the jailbreak tweak's description page in Cydia to show us what the animation looks like, both in normal speed and in slow motion:

The animation looks pretty spiffy, and it's one way to add some customization and pizazz to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Once installed, the tweak takes over on its own; there is no configuration to tinker with.

If you want to give CheeseCake a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 8 is required to install the tweak.

Name: CheeseCake
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Noeliel
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    2015-01-09 04:45 AM
    Springtomize offers similar lock animations.
    2015-01-09 05:07 AM
    I have this installed, but I can't tell the difference.
    2015-01-09 07:24 AM
    I have this installed, but I can't tell the difference.
    My screen doesn’t just shut off it fades out anyway! I don't understand but I guess. Not worth 4 rating!
    2015-01-09 02:29 PM
    I don't see any difference either after installing.
    2015-01-09 02:38 PM
    iOS 8 fades out as default anyhow doesn't it? When you turn on the screen from sleep it fades in as well. i dunno. I have an iPhone 6 and watching the demo video, it doesn't appear to fade any differently than my native lock behavior.
    2015-01-09 04:29 PM
    I don't see any difference either after installing.
    It's hard to tell the difference honestly. The difference is in the fade out animation. Watch the video embedded in the post and you will see what the tweak does in slow motion.
    2015-01-09 04:51 PM
    I don't get it.
    2015-01-09 06:36 PM
    If you're refering to the pullback of the background when the screen is locked, iOS 8 does this natively as well.
    2015-01-09 10:20 PM
    If you're refering to the pullback of the background when the screen is locked, iOS 8 does this natively as well.
    The animation is different from that of iOS 8. Refer to the video in the post if you're confused as to what kind of animation this adds to iOS 8.
    2015-01-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD