Just a few days ago, we showed you a free jailbreak tweak called HideSensitive, which would allow you to filter notifications on your Lock Screen so that those around you couldn't pick up your iOS device(s) and snoop into personal messages from people in your life, such as your spouse, from lawyers, or from other important people where you want communication to be discreet.

It was a nice tweak, except for one thing you couldn't customize the text that would replace the text you were filtering. A new free jailbreak tweak called Discreetify by iOS developer Max Pagnoulle is now available in Cydia that makes up for all of HideSensitive's shortcomings.

The tweak ultimately does the same thing as HideSensitive, except that it gives you some extras. For example, you can customize the text that is displayed in place of a notification that contains a word you've filtered, and it can filter notifications between the Lock Screen, and notifications that are received while your device is unlocked, such as banner notifications and Notification Center too.

For example, we've applied a filter for the word "modmyi" and whenever we use the word "modmyi" in a notification, the tweak will replace the text with a phrase or word that we want it to. We chose to have the tweak replace the text with "Private Message," but you can set it to anything you want to.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak to your liking:

From here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, configure the replacement text that you want to have show up for filtered notifications, configure the keywords that will be filtered from notifications (these must be separated by semi-colons with no spaces, just as shown), and configure where notifications will be hidden from (Lock Screen, Notification Banners, or both).

The tweak is completely free in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now and is compatible with iOS 8. Check it out!

Name: Discreetify
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.2-2
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Max Pagnoulle
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2015-01-09 09:28 PM
    Finally! I only have one real suggestion for this one, and it's not even a big deal. Allow different texts for different apps/keywords and you'll have a nice, paid-worthy tweak on your hands. Even if it's just 2-3 different customizable messages, that'd make this tweak amazing.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-01-10 01:13 AM
    Customize certain people in your contact list and not just actual characters of texts and this tweek will have daily use for many. Think of Blacklist tweek from years ago.
    2015-01-10 01:27 PM
    Customize certain people in your contact list and not just actual characters of texts and this tweek will have daily use for many. Think of Blacklist tweek from years ago.
    You nailed it right there!
    2015-01-11 05:36 PM
    In the next version I implemented independent title scanning, which will allow you to have different keyword for the title of the notification, and its content.

Basically, I'm not gonna implement and access to your contact list, but if you want to filter specific people, you will just have to write their name in the keyword field for the title of the notification, which is the name of the person sending you an e-mail, or a text message.

Here are some screens of the new preference panel (may change a bit) :

This update is currently in test phase, you can if you wish try it out and give me some feedback. It is on my repo : 403 Forbidden

Greetings,

Max
    2015-01-12 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD