iOS will automatically show you the title of any folder that you're currently in right above the folder background. To many, this seems like redundant information, since you already know what folder you're inside of immediately after opening it, and to others, it's just some ugly white text distracting you from the otherwise nice and simple folder interface.

A new free jailbreak tweak called TitleHider by iOS developer MatrixDevTeam is now available for free in Cydia that removes the title from the open folder interface, as shown above.

The tweak takes effect immediately after being installed without the need to configure any options. It will give you the more minimalistic effect you've been looking for in your open folder interface, assuming you've been looking for one. If you've got a multi-colored wallpaper, it also ensures that you have no more color clashing going on.

If you're interested in giving the tweak a try, you can grab it for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The developer notes that the tweak works with both iOS 7 and iOS 8.

Name: TitleHider
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: MatrixDevTeam
    2015-01-14 06:11 AM
    This might seem useless to some but I like it along with clearfolders. I can see more of my wallpapers.
    2015-01-14 06:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD