For most people, the way the battery percentage in the Status Bar is represented by numbers is good enough. On the other hand, if you're old-school and you want to have Roman Numerals instead of numbers for your battery percentage, then a cool new jailbreak tweak called Deepcove by iOS developer Skumar Space is now available for free in Cydia.

Shown above, you can see the way that the tweak works. Put in place of the numbers "72" for the remaining 72 of our battery life is "LXXII," which is the Roman Numeral equivalent of 72.

Deepcove adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can do two different things the first being that you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, and the second being that you can set an Activator action to quickly see your battery percentage in numeric form:

If you're interested in giving Deepcove a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The developer notes that you must have iOS 8 installed to use the tweak, and Activator will be installed along with it if you don't already have it installed.

The tweak is cool from a customization and style standpoint, but in real-world scenarios, unless you're 100% fluent in Roman Numerals, this isn't a very practical tweak. Still, cool concept nonetheless!

Name: Deepcove
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Skumar Space
    Editor's Rating:  3/5
    2015-01-15 08:05 PM
    Because I want a 2000 year old number system on my iPhone.
    2015-01-15 09:29 PM
    lol
    off topic question: I have problems to reach bigboss repo, has anyone same problems?
    Life isnt about waiting
    for the storm to pass,
    its about learning how to
    dance in the rain.
    2015-01-15 09:34 PM
    lol
    off topic question: I have problems to reach bigboss repo, has anyone same problems?
    No-
    Why?
    😏
    2015-01-15 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD