It has been reported that Apple has recently added 16 new credit union and bank partners to their highly successful mobile payment system, Apple Pay. Two of the fifty biggest bank companies companies like Zions Bancorp and Huntington Bancshares have been added to the list. Other banks that were added include Amegy Bank of Texas, California Bank & Trust, Nevada State Bank, National Bank of Arizona, Vectra Bank, and Zions First National Bank. All six are part of Zion Bancorp’s subsidiaries.

As for Huntington Bancshares, it’s affiliate Huntington Bank was also added to the list of Apple’s mobile payment system partners. With the additional 16 new partners, the two banks have assets up to $100 billion with more than 2 million customers. The other additions are A+ Federal Credit Union, Bethpage Federal Credit Union, Connex Credit Union, Goldenwest FCU, Huntington Bank, KeyPoint Credit Union, Meijer Credit Union, TCF National Bank, and The Bank of Greene County.

It seems like Apple is definitely on the move with partnering with most banks in the U.S.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2015-01-21 07:58 PM
    What about Discover ?
    2015-01-21 09:03 PM
    Let's get Advia credit union on board also.
    2015-01-21 09:49 PM
    Good luck getting Navy Fed and USAA
    2015-01-21 11:42 PM
    Discover isn't a bank. Just like Visa and Mastercard aren't banks.
    2015-01-22 04:06 AM
    First Apple computer sold for how much?
    So I can pay for stuff with the apple watch on my hand?
    Apple logo is a fruit with a bite took out of it?

Just coincidences I'm sure...

Yay 16 more banks.
    2015-01-22 05:27 AM
    Uh? I have Discover bank. I know visa and MasterCard aren't banks
    2015-01-22 02:02 PM
    No use to me unless they start to play nice with PayPal. I live and die by my Business Debit card from them.
    2015-01-22 02:15 PM
    Good luck getting Navy Fed and USAA
    Is this a joke that flew over my head? I already have both my Navy Fed and USAA added to my PassBook...
    2015-01-22 03:27 PM
    No use to me unless they start to play nice with PayPal. I live and die by my Business Debit card from them.
    +1
    2015-01-22 08:50 PM
    Except that THEY ARE and they just keep DiscoverCard exclusive to their bank. It's why you can only get a DiscoverCard from Discover but you can get a Visa or Mastercard from most any bank. I get loan and checking account offers from Discover ALL THE TIME.

Thought you were observant there, didn't you?
    2015-01-22 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD