WidgetWeather2 has made its way into Cydia from the WidgetWeatherTeam, which conveniently includes a large number of ModMyi users. This popular extension for the Lock Screen shows you all kinds of weather information types with the assistance of GroovyLock and has been carefully crafted to take advantage of the larger displays of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

From the Lock Screen, the extension gives you daily weather forecasts, hourly weather forecasts, and even the current weather conditions outside at the moment you're looking at your screen, as shown above.

Some of the details that are included in the forecasts include:

• Wind direction
    • Humidity
    • Visibility
    • Dew point
    • U.V. index
    • Rain chance
    • Temperature
    • Outside conditions

WidgetWeather2 can use your current location rather than having you manually input your location, which is a huge plus! The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can set the tweak up:

After enabling the tweak, you can go through setting up the various parameters that make the tweak tick, including:

• The interval at which the tweak will update the weather information
    • Whether the tweak will use a fixed location, or draw your current location for weather information
    • GPS, Longitude, and Latitude settings
    • Setting up multiple locations
    • Configuring the time scale (12-hour or 24-hour)
    • Choosing a unit of measure for temperature
    • Choosing a unit of measure for pressure
    • Choosing a unit of measure for distance
    • And more

Because WidgetWeather2 integrates with GroovyLock, you will need to have it installed on your device. You will have to go to the GroovyLock preferences pane and enable WidgetWeather under the Theme section, as shown below:

Keep in mind that WidgetWeather2 uses your location, so while impact on battery life should be minimal, it will leave a footprint. This is why you have the option to choose how often the widget will update your weather information based on your location. Notably, the tweak seems to work best on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus displays, as things appear a little cramped up on the iPhone 5 display.

The full post from the WidgetWeatherTeam can be found on the ModMyi forums at this link, which includes additional information about the tweak, as well as ways to mod the tweak's appearance. WidgetWeather2 plays nicely with many major tweaks, including, but not limited to iWidgets, SBHTML, Convergance and LockHTML4. LockInfo and Forecast, on the other hand, are not supported.

Check it out – WidgetWeather2 is now available for free in Cydia's ModMyi repository. iOS 8 is required!

Name: WidgetWeather2
    Price: FREE
    Version: 2.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: WidgetWeatherTeam
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2015-01-24 07:24 AM
    Awesome!
    2015-01-24 08:42 AM
    2015-01-24 01:40 PM
    Looks good. Kinda makes you wonder why Apple doesn't have a widget for their native weather app. Or do they? I can't find an option for it.
    2015-01-24 02:24 PM
    My top required tweak for every jailbreak. !! Glad to see it get the intention it deserves! Thx, Anthony!
    2015-01-24 03:33 PM
    It's nice to see that there are still devs that are willing to put so much time into something and release it to the community for free.

Many things are paid now and not only is this free, it doesn't restrict the user to adopt his/her tweak of choice. This is compatible with all LS platforms and allows the user to decide which to use.

Very cool to see that some still respect user choice and not charge for everything that they do.
    2015-01-24 05:12 PM
    Some reason I can't find it
    2015-01-24 05:29 PM
    Some reason I can't find it
    Search Widget Weather 2 in cydia. Spaces are important in cydia
    2015-01-24 05:38 PM
    Search in Cydia for Widgetweather2 doesn't give this result ?
    2015-01-24 05:41 PM
    Weird. Mine looks like this:
    WidgetWeather2 Now Available in Cydia!-imageuploadedbymodmyi1422118408.598523.jpg

If I don't add spaces nothing comes up in search.
    2015-01-24 05:53 PM
    Strange....maybe because I have 5S and you have 6...you need more space
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-01-24 at 06:54 PM.
    2015-01-24 06:01 PM
    I couldn't of said it any better Krima glad to see it get a write up, it's nice to see different stuff here everyone don't like the same ole write ups always
    2015-01-24 06:04 PM
    What What What!!!!!!
    2015-01-24 07:06 PM
    Cripes I was typing in weather widget instead of widget weather. Geez
    2015-01-25 01:30 AM
    I notice that on the gps location settings you can't changed it to miles. It's in km even when your settings is in miles.
    2015-01-25 08:12 PM
    Yes, that is the way Apple sets the filters to the GPS chip, I have no control over this.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-01-25 11:54 PM
    Understood. Anyway the widget is working great.
    2015-01-25 11:55 PM
    I can't get this to work for some reason. I get the preferences in settings. I even artist up with the location right. But when I go to lock screen it's not there. Is it iOS 8.1.2 compatible? What am I doing wrong?
    2015-01-30 05:07 PM
    Install GroovyLock or Convergance or LockHTML

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-01-30 06:10 PM
    I installed groovylock no luck
    2015-01-30 06:15 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD