Tuesday afternoon, Apple has ceased signing iOS 8.1.2. What this means is that there is no longer a way for iOS device users to downgrade to iOS 8.1.2, and upon restoring in iTunes, they will be forced to update to iOS 8.1.3.

This is bad news for jailbreakers, as iOS 8.1.3 has closed most of the exploits from the TaiG jailbreak and is not currently jailbreakable. There also has not been a release of a new jailbreak tool for iOS 8.1.3, so those on iOS 8.1.2 and jailbroken are advised to stay where they are unless they don't mind losing their jailbreak.

The likelihood of an iOS 8.1.3 jailbreak isn't high, as iOS 8.2 is on the horizon of being released. iOS 8.2 has a far better chance of being jailbroken due to the fact that iOS 8.1.3 is such a small update. On the other hand, anything is possible if a currently-unknown hacking group decides that they want to jailbreak iOS 8.1.3 anyhow.

Notably, Apple just seeded iOS 8.3 beta 1 to developers yesterday, and Apple is also testing iOS 8.4 and iOS 9, so jailbreak hackers don't appear to have a break in sight if they plan to jailbreak any upcoming iOS releases.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-02-11 at 04:24 AM.
    2015-02-10 08:17 PM
    I want to upgrade to 8.3 honestly but the iPhone 6 and 6+ features and resolution on my 5s are holding me back from doing so. Jailbreaking isn't as necessary to me anymore as it was back in the days of iOS 5/6
    2015-02-10 09:18 PM
    Don't underestimate the Chinese teams. If they want to, they can and will find an exploit in any version of IOS. What I really admire is they aren't afraid to use them. There's really no wasting of exploits because there are always more, and they have the tenacity to find them. No software is infallible. Never has been and probably never will be. So while this may seem like bad news for some, I see it as an opportunity to progress. For now, it's just bullshite that I can't decide what I want to do with MY device that I paid for. It's my pocket computer running OSX. This whole cat and mouse thing is just plain stupid!
    2015-02-10 10:16 PM
    T
    Don't underestimate the Chinese teams. If they want to, they can and will find an exploit in any version of IOS. What I really admire is they aren't afraid to use them. There's really no wasting of exploits because there are always more, and they have the tenacity to find them. No software is infallible. Never has been and probably never will be. So while this may seem like bad news for some, I see it as an opportunity to progress. For now, it's just bullshite that I can't decide what I want to do with MY device that I paid for. It's my pocket computer running OSX. This whole cat and mouse thing is just plain stupid!
    It may be yours yes, but you knowingly bought a locked down device so it's not as if you didn't know what to expect. With the leaps and bounds and borrowings from the JB a community iOS is a far better offering than the days where it didn't even have cut and paste! JB is a privilege and it's not like Apple has to support it to sell their devices, the vast majority of users don't JB. I generally stay with a JB'able firmware until the more up to date ones are proven to be beatable by the devs!
    2015-02-10 10:51 PM
    T

It may be yours yes, but you knowingly bought a locked down device so it's not as if you didn't know what to expect. With the leaps and bounds and borrowings from the JB a community iOS is a far better offering than the days where it didn't even have cut and paste! JB is a privilege and it's not like Apple has to support it to sell their devices, the vast majority of users don't JB. I generally stay with a JB'able firmware until the more up to date ones are proven to be beatable by the devs!
    Bought locked down yes, but since 2008 only locked down for an hour at best.
    2015-02-10 11:00 PM
    Right when I start getting random resprings...joy.
    2015-02-10 11:30 PM
    Best way to troubleshoot that is to uninstall Cydia Substrate (this will uninstall all of your jailbreak tweaks), and then go to iFile and navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences and then delete all of the preference bundle files that are related to tweaks you don't use anymore. Then, reboot your device, and re-install the necessity jailbreak tweaks one-by-one.

More than likely, it's a non-necessity jailbreak tweak causing the problem. Maybe you can figure out which one and prevent yourself from installing it again?
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-02-11 at 12:32 AM.
    2015-02-11 12:24 AM
    Keep using that unusable stock iOS, if you don't know how to gauge a proper time and method to install a tweak, it's your fault. You'd can't just install the first random crap or update you see on Cydia, research incompatibilities, google issues with that tweak, etc. before you install it. You know…common sense stuff…
    Last edited by Al226; 2015-02-11 at 02:44 AM.
    2015-02-11 02:41 AM
    Keep using that unusable stock iOS, if you don't know how to gauge a proper time and method to install a tweak, it's your fault. You'd can't just install the first random crap or update you see on Cydia, research incompatibilities, google issues with that tweak, etc. before you install it. You know…common sense stuff…
    Y'unno, Google doesn't have all the answers.

One thing though, installing too many tweaks at once is asking for incompatibility issues.
    2015-02-11 02:54 AM
    Too bad the Taig jailbreak isn't compatible with iTunes 12.1.....
    2015-02-11 03:15 AM
    On the other hand, anything is possible if a rouge hacking group decides that they want to jailbreak iOS 8.1.3 anyhow.
    Is this a new thing where there are now hackers with makeup on a la Clockwork Orange or is this a specific new group of elite hackers out of Paris?... oh wait, maybe you meant "rogue"? <end sarcasm>
    2015-02-11 04:13 AM
    Is this a new thing where there are now hackers with makeup on a la Clockwork Orange or is this a specific new group of elite hackers out of Paris?... oh wait, maybe you meant "rogue"? <end sarcasm>
    Yes, sorry about that. I fixed it.
    2015-02-11 04:24 AM
    So the iPhone 4 which is stuck on IOS 6 can be jailbroken as it was never upgraded to ios 8? What is the youngest iPhone that will always be jailbroken, because it can not be upgraded to the latest IOS?

Will iPhone5 get stuck on iOS 8? Because it can't handle ios9 ?
    2015-02-11 03:24 PM
    iPhone for is stuck on 7.1.2 and it will always be jailbreakable.
    2015-02-11 05:28 PM
    Good to know that iPhone 4 is stuck on iOS 7.1.2 and is jailbroken forever. So for the price of that phone, and wifi tethering all my cydia apps will work.

Any speculation what the iPhone 4s or iPhone 5 will get stuck at for version of iOS ?
    2015-02-11 06:11 PM
    4S is finished with IOS8.x, that's a fact. As for i5, I would guess IOS 9.
    2015-02-11 06:20 PM
    4S is finished with IOS8.x, that's a fact. As for i5, I would guess IOS 9.
    I wouldn't count the iPhone 5 out that soon. It has twice the ram as the 4S and that should enable it to go for a while further. If the rumors of iOS 9 being about stability, I could see them tweaking performance where it needs to be
    2015-02-11 07:21 PM
    That's assuming quite a bit from my small comment, I've been around since iOS 5. And fyi it was statushud 2 which was one of the first tweaks I installed that just started acting up over a month later.
    2015-02-12 02:06 AM
    See I'm trying to dfu restore bc I been having web pages crash and other weird stuff and I seen this and wonder if it would do a dfu restore or whatnot. Since 8.1.2 isn't signed anymore I'm wondering if this is the next thing to try??

How to Restore an iPhone Without Losing iOS 8.1.2 Jailbreak
    2015-02-12 07:19 PM
    Yes, that's it. Try it, but if it fails, you can only restore to 8.1.3.
    2015-02-12 07:27 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD