The official ESPN app for iOS was recently given an overhaul, now becoming a universal app for both the iPhone and iPad. It also gained support for the larger displays of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus along with a redesign. The ESPN App version 4.2 is now available to download on the iOS App Store.

The update also brings forward the new ESPN Now feature which can be accessed by swiping right from the news section. Users can access up-to-the-minute ESPN photos, videos and social media content. Version 4.2 also adds support for the Cricket World Cup, including video clip sand scores. Last but not least, just like any other update, this version also includes the usual bug fixes and speed improvements.

As mentioned before, the other important part is the rebrand which has been part of the redesign. The app previously was known as the SportsCenter app but the name has now been changed to the ESPN app. The official app has also included the ability to watch the worldwide leaders channel live over the internet along with a live stream of ESPN Radio content.

Are any of you sports fans pumped about the changes? Share your thoughts and comments on the new version of the ESPN app below!

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2015-02-13 06:03 AM
    Since the last update the app is extremely slow on my i5 and still is after this update.
    2015-02-13 06:33 PM
    And it still crashes a lot....which is why I went the the score app. ESPN sucks.
    2015-02-14 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD