BMO Capital Markets was added to the list of investment giants to up their estimates for Apple this week, raising its price target to $135 -- just under $10 from where shares of AAPL are presently trading on Friday (approximately $126).

But the big projection generating the most talk is the firm's belief that Apple will sell north of 200 million iPhones this year. BMO analyst Keith Bachman is looking for 207 million iPhone sales. "Apple's current iPhone offering, pending the Watch launch and the strength of Apple's family of products, combined with Apple's large and loyal installed base, gives us confidence in our iPhone forecast," the analyst told investors today.

He also expects a respectable sales streak for Apple Watch. Bachman’s estimates call for sales of 19 million Apple Watch units this year, although more than half are projected to come at the tail end of 2015 as wearables dominate the holiday shopping season.

Although Bachman readily believes some of his estimates are on the conservative side, it would certainly still be an impressive feat for Apple Watch to reach as high as 17% of the iPhone 6 user base within its first full year of availability.

Source: StreetWiseJournal
    2015-02-13 07:07 PM
    Not gonna happen at that price with that short of a battery life. Raise your hand if you think it's practical to charge a watch twice a day? BMO: Apple to Sell Over 200 Million iPhones This Year
    2015-02-15 12:10 AM
    Not gonna happen at that price with that short of a battery life. Raise your hand if you think it's practical to charge a watch twice a day? BMO: Apple to Sell Over 200 Million iPhones This Year
    Twice a day? Maybe if you sit there and use the watch constantly. It's meant to accompany your iPhone, for smaller tasks throughout the day.
    And who honestly wears their watch when they sleep? Their once-a-night charge plan is perfectly practical.
    2015-02-17 04:02 AM
    Twice a day? Maybe if you sit there and use the watch constantly. It's meant to accompany your iPhone, for smaller tasks throughout the day.
    And who honestly wears their watch when they sleep? Their once-a-night charge plan is perfectly practical.
    I wear my watch to bed. Always have. I'm in the minority, and it wouldn't be a pain to change, but currently I do.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-02-17 07:03 AM
    There's no way this watch is going to make life any easier for its users. This is just Apples way of creating another device to market to ppl who've been subconsciously convinced that they need "The next best thing" to make their lives a little more bearable.
    2015-02-17 09:01 PM
    There's no way this watch is going to make life any easier for its users. This is just Apples way of creating another device to market to ppl who've been subconsciously convinced that they need "The next best thing" to make their lives a little more bearable.
    I can see plenty of reasons it could be useful, but I'm not sure how many of them are specific to me.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-02-17 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD