Well I was reading that the TaiG tool will upgrade your phone to 8.2 beta 1or 2 is that possible or does it still require it to be signed by apple??
    You still need it to be signed by apple. Read somewhere else that TaiG just repackages iTunes firmware installation mechanism. Pity SHSH blobs and AP tickets don't work any longer like on the iPhone 4. Basically once apple stops signing a firmware to allow it to be installed then you're screwed unless you're already on a suitable firmware. Tiny umbrella used to act as a "server" and could sign firmwares but I'm afraid I'm not technical enough to explain why this can't be done with newer devices. Have a look at The iPhone Wiki for more in depth info on SHSH and AP Tickets
    Last edited by docmagoo2; 2015-03-01 at 12:45 PM.
    2015-03-01 12:33 PM
    You still need it to be signed by apple. Read somewhere else that TaiG just repackages iTunes firmware installation mechanism. Pity SHSH blobs and AP tickets don't work any longer like on the iPhone 4.
    Ah ok I figured that but wasn't sure. Well looks like I'm stuck on 8.1.3 till otherwise
    2015-03-01 12:35 PM
    This is what I don't get... why announce you have a JB right on the cusp of a release? Then they just patch it like they did.
    There are other posts in the thread explaining why this isn't the case. Don't forget 8.2 beta 1 & 2 were released last year hence they contained exploits still present in 8.1.2 and below
    2015-03-01 12:53 PM
    This is what I don't get... why announce you have a JB right on the cusp of a release? Then they just patch it like they did.
    You have read the whole story? Apparently not
    2015-03-01 01:42 PM
    Apple is retarded. They didn't realize that the majority of iPhone users prefer jailbreak. They should get over it and stop being on a roll with the signing process. It isn't that serious ! Sticking to beta 2 since they want to me mean Apple Stops Signing iOS 8.2 Beta 1 & 2 Following TaiG Support for Jailbreaking Them
    While this is true it's also a good thing that they did it because the Betas are developer only builds (outdated ones at that) and non-developers were using it for a jailbreak. In this case they were thinking about the user stability and not having morons ruin their device to return it and not be able to have it fixed.
    2015-03-01 03:56 PM
    Just purchased a 6 yesterday and out of curiosity I checked the iOS!!! 8.1.2! No thank you, I'll set it up at home.
    When I bought my 6+ 3 weeks ago I was on 8.1.2 but had to upgrade to 8.1.3 because I did something and not paid attention. I upgraded to 8.2 beta 2 last week and am more careful so I don't lose my jailbreak.
    2015-03-01 09:01 PM
    When I bought my 6+ 3 weeks ago I was on 8.1.2 but had to upgrade to 8.1.3 because I did something and not paid attention. I upgraded to 8.2 beta 2 last week and am more careful so I don't lose my jailbreak.
    Good glad for you!
    2015-03-02 01:11 AM
47 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD