Still don’t see any real benefit of the Edge display and seems more gimmicky while being more prone to screen breaking and limiting the effectiveness of cases. Kind reminds me of the triangle tablet from “The Office”.

As for Samsung Pay, being able to say “30 million retailers” is a great way to trick people into believing they’ll be able to use Apple Pay-like features everywhere, but they’ll be sorely disappointed to find out that all those retailers are only accessible if they use the ancient magnetic strip version that will require some kind of device accessory (likely at an additional cost) while being more cumbersome and just as insecure as their current credit cards! I think Samsung bought LoopPay just to be able to legally say “30 million retailers” and intentionally trick people.

All the people saying that it looks just like iPhone 6: no it doesn’t. Not at all. Just because they both now have metal body doesn’t mean they look anything alike. You can see the difference from 50 feet away. Stop being fanboys.

It will be interesting to hear the Samsung fanboys backtrack from all their statements that plastic was better all along. Also, can't wait for the bending videos!
    Believe they do look alike
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Unveils the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, Highlights Samsung Pay and Find My Mobile-screenshot_2015-03-01-18-46-07.png   Samsung Unveils the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, Highlights Samsung Pay and Find My Mobile-galaxys6-17.0.png  
    2015-03-03 06:01 PM
    Well look them up they look the same 60% at least
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Unveils the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, Highlights Samsung Pay and Find My Mobile-screenshot_2015-03-01-18-46-07.png   Samsung Unveils the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, Highlights Samsung Pay and Find My Mobile-galaxys6-17.0.png  
    2015-03-03 06:15 PM
    Looks like a great phone, nice metal body with a glass back instead of a scratch magnet metal back, shame they dumped the microSD slot and the curved screen looks gorgeous. And has a industry standard mircoUSB connector instead of the ripoff Apple lightning
    2015-03-03 06:21 PM
    The way Android and Apple's handle RAM happen in 2 entirely different ways. A lot of people have the same assumption about RAM on the iPhone. In short, Android need so much RAM Because all the bloatware installed on Android and since all your tasks continually run in the back round. For this reason you might need 2 GBs of RAM. Since iOS suspends Apps that are not used in multitasks operations, it requires less RAM.

Do a web search to see how iOS efficiency in RAM usage.
    Exactly. Apple uses 1gb because that's all you will ever actually need.
    2015-03-03 07:37 PM
    It's an iPhone with the name "Samsung" on it...looks like they finally decided to get away from the cheap plastic feel and join the big boys. Edge looks alright? I don't really see why I would want a screen that goes over the edges though.
    2015-03-03 07:50 PM
    Why reply to a topic if you've nothing constructive to say? So far in this thread apple are "pricks" and Samsung would make people "eat poisoned glass". Be thankful there is competition between Samsung and Apple otherwise we'd still be using iPhones with 3.5" non retina screens. Apple are my preferred phone by a long shot, but certainly if someone said here's a free s6 I'm certainly not going to turn it down. I'd likely sell it or bung cyanogen mod on it but I'd certainly give it a chance. Stop hating
    2015-03-03 08:20 PM
    A little late but my faith is restored.Go Modmyi.Btw the galaxy S6 looks like the Iphone big downer, but time will tell what the S6 has to bring to the table. At the time we know what it wont bring. A removable battery, sd card, or water proofing. More beautiful design (inspired by Iphone, Htc one) the edge is their own. Wireless charging, better quality camera.Better screen resolution.I am disappointed, but i wont judge until i have it in my hands.
    What makes you say the camera is better? I see more megapixels but not seeing better optics or software, which are the only aspects of a camera that impact picture quality. Did I miss something?
    2015-03-03 08:26 PM
    What makes you say the camera is better? I see more megapixels but not seeing better optics or software, which are the only aspects of a camera that impact picture quality. Did I miss something?
    So by your reasoning a 2mp camera with better optics and software will produce a superior pic to a 14mp camera?
    2015-03-03 08:32 PM
    So by your reasoning a 2mp camera with better optics and software will produce a superior pic to a 14mp camera?
    No but maybe a 8 mp with better optics and software will produce a superior pic compared to a 16 mp camera. How to find out? When S6 is out and photos are posted of the same subject with the two phones.
    2015-03-03 08:46 PM
    Why reply to a topic if you've nothing constructive to say? So far in this thread apple are "pricks" and Samsung would make people "eat poisoned glass". Be thankful there is competition between Samsung and Apple otherwise we'd still be using iPhones with 3.5" non retina screens. Apple are my preferred phone by a long shot, but certainly if someone said here's a free s6 I'm certainly not going to turn it down. I'd likely sell it or bung cyanogen mod on it but I'd certainly give it a chance. Stop hating

This is a forum. Specifically an Apple forum. We're suppose to share our thoughts and feelings...what did you expect? It's not like people's personal comments on this forum are messing with the competition between Samsung and Apple.
    2015-03-03 09:42 PM
    I'm excited for the new galaxy. I've always owned iPhone and don't have a problem with either company.

I do find it funny how they can't find an original name for Samsung Pay. Or how the bottom looks the same as the iPhone ect.
    Last edited by Silverado1987; 2015-03-03 at 10:24 PM.
    2015-03-03 10:21 PM
    . And has a industry standard mircoUSB connector instead of the ripoff Apple lightning
    Have you used a microusb connector? It's garbage.
    I have plugged friends' phones in and fiddled with it and it never feels tight. I always find myself checking for a charging indicator and setting the phone down gently to make sure it's not disturbed.
    Lightning on the other hand is super snug. The only drawback I've seen so far is that after 2 years of use the cable itself seems to be wearing out. Go figure.
    The advantage is samsungs wireless charging. I'll be looking forward to that feature someday. Maybe the charge port will go the way of the headphone connector someday. Who uses that anymore?
    2015-03-03 10:55 PM
    Believe they do look alike
    How so?? the face and back of it looks EXACTLY like every other Galaxy phone for the past few years with the same buttons, shape, and big hump camera right in the center of the back. It all screams Galaxy phone. Is everyone sayting itl ooks like the iPhone 6 because of the glass and metal? Big deal! Just because the use similar materials doesn't mean theey look anything alike. I have seem people comment on the very bottom with the speaker grill and grey antenna lines, but Apple basically st9ole the grey antenna lines fro mthe HTC One and the speaker grill is hardly anything distincitve enough to be considered copy.

I will agree all day that Samsung is blatently stealing ideas (fingerprint reader, Samsung Pay, Find My Device) but I will never understand how someone can see what is clearly a Galaxy style phone like all the others and say it suddently looks like an iPhone.
    2015-03-03 11:19 PM
    Have you used a microusb connector? It's garbage.
    I have plugged friends' phones in and fiddled with it and it never feels tight. I always find myself checking for a charging indicator and setting the phone down gently to make sure it's not disturbed.
    Lightning on the other hand is super snug. The only drawback I've seen so far is that after 2 years of use the cable itself seems to be wearing out. Go figure.
    The advantage is samsungs wireless charging. I'll be looking forward to that feature someday. Maybe the charge port will go the way of the headphone connector someday. Who uses that anymore?
    I... I use headphones a lot...

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-03-03 11:31 PM
    like the look of the S6 edge. Samsung have horrendous keynotes... so hard to sit through
    2015-03-04 01:04 AM
    The way Android and Apple's handle RAM happen in 2 entirely different ways. A lot of people have the same assumption about RAM on the iPhone. In short, Android need so much RAM Because all the bloatware installed on Android and since all your tasks continually run in the back round. For this reason you might need 2 GBs of RAM. Since iOS suspends Apps that are not used in multitasks operations, it requires less RAM.

Do a web search to see how iOS efficiency in RAM usage.
    Don't kid yourself, an unjailbroken iPhone runs fine with 1GB, but a jailbroken one NEEDS more ram dude, or have you not noticed?
    2015-03-04 01:37 AM
    Exactly. Apple uses 1gb because that's all you will ever actually need.
    On an unjailbroken iPhone 1GB is more than fine, but on a jailbroken one you need more than 1GB, TRUST ME
    2015-03-04 01:40 AM
    On an unjailbroken iPhone 1GB is more than fine, but on a jailbroken one you need more than 1GB, TRUST ME
    Can you explain why?
    2015-03-04 01:41 AM
    Can you explain why?
    Because he has four billion tweaks running, probably ... two billion of which have memory leaks.
    2015-03-04 01:58 AM
    Because he has four billion tweaks running, probably ... two billion of which have memory leaks.
    Which is why I was gonna say I don't have lag or anything on my phones and its always been jail broken and I make sure when I download something is that it's useful and I need it. I have 103 things installed on my phone so again I don't need 3gb of ram.
    2015-03-04 02:03 AM
46 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD