TechCrunch recently reported that Apple’s highly anticipated Apple Watch will take about two hours to fully charge and give users normal usage as well as all day battery life. According to the report, the wearable device will only send notifications to users when it is being worn on the wrist and has skin contact. This means that if you just stick your watch in your pocket, no notifications will be received. When the device is low on battery and has 10% or less battery life left, the smartwatch will no longer receive any notifications so that the remaining battery life can be conserved.

Like previous reports, the one from TechCrunch also notes that the smartwatch will last users all-day battery life and with every charge, five hours of heavy usage. According to the report,

Here’s a tidbit you might not know — in order to receive notifications from apps, the Watch must be on your wrist and locked. They require contact with your skin. There will be no in-app dropdown notifications or constant pinging while it’s off your wrist. Push notifications also cease when the battery reaches 10 percent. Those decisions speak to the care with which Apple is handling notifications.
    It was said in the report that Apple wants to give users a “weightier, higher-end feel” to the Digital Crown, where Siri is to be activated when the Digital Crown is pressed down and held onto. Apparently the Cupertino-based company is looking to make communicating easier when on the go with the Apple Watch and smartphone. More information will be given out in just a few days as Apple will be holding their ‘Spring Forward’ event on Monday. We will keep you posted on any details and new information.

Source: TechCrunch

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2015-03-06 11:03 PM
    Not what I wanted to hear about battery life. Oh well. Maybe 2nd gen they will figure it out.
    2015-03-07 12:01 AM
    All these so called "Leaks" is cool an all but, the real facts come Monday when Apple has the main event about the watch. Starting at 10am (pacific time) 1pm eastern time
    2015-03-07 01:10 AM
    But we won't get facts about battery life on Monday, we'll get Apple optimism. Facts will follow when real people use them and report real numbers.

So far I haven't heard anything that makes me want one. Maybe gen 2, 3, or later.
    2015-03-07 02:58 AM
    But we won't get facts about battery life on Monday, we'll get Apple optimism. Facts will follow when real people use them and report real numbers.

So far I haven't heard anything that makes me want one. Maybe gen 2, 3, or later.
    Apple seems to give the most honest estimates of any company. I've seen several battery tests from various sites where real world tests exceed Apple's estimates.
    2015-03-07 03:35 AM
    Was thinking about to buy it but knowing this I'll pass and wait to see how efficient it is talking about battery and other issues, maybe wait for the next gen like blkcadi said.
    Last edited by javiert30; 2015-03-14 at 10:25 AM.
    2015-03-07 06:40 PM
    Was about to buy it this Monday but knowing this I'll pass and wait to see how efficient it is talking about battery and other issues, maybe wait for the next gen like blkcadi said.
    You were bound for disappointment either way there, buddy...

Anyway, I read "heavy usage" as just that - face buried in the thing constantly, treating it like your phone. It's not made for that. Light interaction, 10-sec apps, to track health, send notifications, and require people to be on their phones at ALL times. I think it will do just fine for the audience it's targeted toward. JBers - we tend to be more of the "phone jn my face all the time, battery life be damned" variety, and we aren't that target audience.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR
    2015-03-07 08:28 PM
    You were bound for disappointment either way there, buddy...

Anyway, I read "heavy usage" as just that - face buried in the thing constantly, treating it like your phone. It's not made for that. Light interaction, 10-sec apps, to track health, send notifications, and require people to be on their phones at ALL times. I think it will do just fine for the audience it's targeted toward. JBers - we tend to be more of the "phone jn my face all the time, battery life be damned" variety, and we aren't that target audience.
    No matter what kind of audience you are son, you have an iPhone... you are a target audience, no matter if you are Jber or not.
    Last edited by javiert30; 2015-03-14 at 10:33 AM.
    2015-03-14 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD