User Tag List

Have you ever wanted to customize the sounds of actions on your device, but didn't know where to start? A new free jailbreak tweak called SpringSounds by iOS developer SynnyG is now available in Cydia's ModMyi repository that helps make the experience much more user-friendly so that you don't have to have a detailed knowledge of the iOS filesystem to modify your system sounds.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you will be able to configure system sounds for a variety of actions in iOS:

You can select using sounds built into the tweak, which are basically just different kinds of sounds that reside in the iOS operating system, or you can resort to using custom sounds that have been made by the jailbreak community. For those that want to get started in making sounds for the jailbreak community, the developer has included detailed documentation. You can start reading up about it on GitHub at this link, or from the tweak's preferences pane.

Since we're just going to show you how the tweak works, we'll just use the sounds that already reside in the iOS operating system as a demonstration.

The tweak makes it so that you can customize sounds for:

• Keyboard clicks
    • Unlocking the device
    • Taking a photograph
    • Plugging in your device to a power source
    • Receiving a text message/iMessage
    • Sending a text message/iMessage

You can pick from any of the following sound types, which are bundled with the iOS operating system:

• Begin record
    • End record
    • Power connected
    • Ct Keytone 2
    • Phone Keyboard Sound 0
    • Phone Keyboard Sound 1
    • Phone Keyboard Sound 2
    • Phone Keyboard Sound 3
    • Phone Keyboard Sound Pound
    • Phone Keyboard Sound Star
    • Siri Ambiguous
    • Siri Begin
    • Siri Cancel
    • Siri Confirm
    • Siri No Match
    • Device Lock
    • Low Power
    • Mail Sent
    • New Mail
    • Photo Shutter
    • Received Message
    • Sent Message
    • Ringer Changed
    • Shake
    • Sim Toolkit Call Dropped
    • Sim Toolkit General Beep
    • Sim Toolkit Negative ACK
    • Sim Toolkit Positive ACK
    • Swish
    • Tink
    • Tock
    • Ussd

You will be able to test out the sounds as you go, and you need to tap on the "Apply change and respring" button each time that something is changed in the Settings application if you want to save your changes.

If you're interested in giving SpringSounds a shot, it's available for free right now in Cydia's ModMyi repository. The tweak is compatible with iOS 8.

Name: SpringSounds
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: SynnyG
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2015-03-06 11:18 PM
    Anything like this for ios7?
    2015-03-07 01:56 AM
    Works like butta. Finally got rid of the terrible text sent/received sounds without having to mess with the core files every time I want to change them.
    Last edited by HeliPilot; 2015-03-07 at 04:41 AM.
    2015-03-07 03:40 AM
    Nice program! But I prefer SSH. Been changing sounds this way since 1.x.
    Hmm...
    2015-03-07 12:19 PM
    Well, this is great for anyone that doesn't use Winterboard. Otherwise it's pretty much redundant, because you can already modify these sounds with Winterboard. For example, I am currently using my "Earthbound Sound FX" theme which is available on Cydia. Works great on iOS 8, along with many other sound themes.
    2015-03-07 02:56 PM
    I've always just used ifile to change all my UI sounds to a star wars theme... I've never even used winter board to apply them either... I have a few star wars apps and soundboards and some star wars sounds for winter board through cydia... I just find those apps using ifile and jack the sounds I want, copy and paste them into the UI Audio folder and then rename them to the corresponding sound I want to replace... So for the the storm trooper blaster sound I make that the keyboard typing sound by cutting the original tock.caf file name and pasting it in the blaster sound that I moved into that UI Audio folder... I can instantly hear the changes as well as change a whole bunch of sounds at once and then reboot the phone and I'm all G. This app is a cool idea and almost tempted me to try it out, but I think I'll stick with my method...
    2015-03-08 07:18 PM
    Nice program! But I prefer SSH. Been changing sounds this way since 1.x.
    Damn I thought I was clever changing my UI sounds using ifile back in ios 3 and 4, but you been doing that using ssh since iOS 1! You da man!
    2015-03-08 07:21 PM
    Anything like this for ios7?
    Never seen anything like this for iOS 7 or below... There was a cydia app for iOS 7 to change the lock sound and bring back the unlock sound as well as change that sound too...
    2015-03-08 07:23 PM
    Never seen anything like this for iOS 7 or below...
    My question would be, Why still on iOS 7? Yikes...
    smaller sig.png
    2015-03-08 08:44 PM
    My question would be, Why still on iOS 7? Yikes...
    Hahahaha, right!? For native quick reply alone it's worth it.
    2015-03-08 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD