The Music application in iOS 8 does one good thing great; it makes it easy to tap on a song and instantly start hearing it. There is so much more that the Music application could and should do, but Apple has left it up to the jailbreak community because they haven't added any major new features to the Music application as of late.

A new jailbreak tweak worth checking out for improving the Music application experience in iOS 8 called Melodic, by iOS developer Samball, is worth taking a look at.

This tweak adds sharing options, as well as detailed ID3Tag metadata editing options, and even in-memory song queue handling. You can control all of these features by swiping to the left on a song in your song library, as shown above, and you will get the multi-colored option bar.

The yellow button with the "eject" icon on it, when tapped, brings up the iOS 8 sharing interface that you see; with it, you can e-mail yourself a copy of your own songs, message yourself a copy of your own songs, and much more. We do not condone using this functionality to send your friends copies of songs that you did not create, as this would violate copyright laws; please use this tweak responsibly and follow your local laws.

The different shades of orange buttons that you see allow you to play a song "now," "next," or "last" in that order. The gray "..." button allows you to see a ID3Tag metadata editor where you can adjust the song's rating, change the song's title, change the song's genre, change the song's album artwork, and much more. You can also tap on the red "x" button to close the interface.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a variety of additional options:

In the preferences pane, you can:

• Enable or disable the tweak on demand
    • Enforce ID3Tag metadata on the exportation of the track
    • Enforce ID3Tag album artwork when changing it
    • Enable or disable unlimited iTunes Radio skips
    • Hide or show the export button (for those that don't need to share music with themselves)
    • Ask whether or not a song should be deleted before you actually go through with the deletion (just in case)
    • Enable or disable Cover Flow
    • Hide or show the iTunes Store button
    • Hide or show the "buy" button when listening to iTunes Radio tracks

For what it is, this is a really useful music application-tweaking jailbreak tweak for iOS 8 devices. If you're interested in giving it a try, you can download it for 99 right now from Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak is intended only for Apple's built-in Music application in iOS 8, and not any other music player.

Name: Melodic
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.1.1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Samball
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2015-03-08 07:20 PM
    Looks well worth it for $1. Anyone else try this to make sure before I get it?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-03-08 08:46 PM
    When sending to my other phone, does the receiving phone need to have this also installed on it?
    2015-03-09 04:16 AM
    When sending to my other phone, does the receiving phone need to have this also installed on it?
    No, but as you probably expect, you will have no way of importing the file to your media library without the help of another jailbreak tweak that serves that purpose.

You would be able to listen to the file in your Messages application just fine.
    2015-03-09 05:21 AM
    Is their a tweak so that I can download music to my library from the safari
    2015-03-09 05:39 AM
    No, but as you probably expect, you will have no way of importing the file to your media library without the help of another jailbreak tweak that serves that purpose.

You would be able to listen to the file in your Messages application just fine.
    Anthony is correct. It saves the file as an m4a (not surprising) in the /var/mobile/Documents folder with no native import function.

......beware......
    2015-03-09 06:21 AM
    But bridge would do the job to import to music library?
    2015-03-09 11:23 AM
    But bridge would do the job to import to music library?
    I don't own bridge to test it, but I don't see why not.

......beware......
    2015-03-09 03:55 PM
    So what tweak can I use to download from safari I already have bridge
    2015-03-09 03:57 PM
    Safari downloader+
    2015-03-09 05:14 PM
    Bridge works fine 'Melodic' Improves Your iOS 8 Music App With New Features Like Exporting & Song Details
    2015-03-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD