Nintendo has, for a long time, seen the decline in sales of their own gaming consoles since the ability to download games from digital content stores such as the App Store and Google Play store. The company has also been against the idea of developing for the mobile platform, and very openly so.

This could all change as early as Fall of 2015 due to a new partnership between Nintendo and DeNA that was just announced. The partnership will help Nintendo to develop games for the mobile gaming platform, such as iPhones, Android devices, and more. It will also even allow for gaming on PCs and Macs, as Techcrunch reports.

One thing worth mentioning is that Nintendo doesn't appear to be interested in porting existing titles to the mobile platform, but instead, with a collaborative effort between DeNA and Nintendo, brand-new titles will be released in the future that include Nintendo's well-known gaming characters, such as Mario. Nintendo hopes that starting from scratch on new games instead of porting existing ones will help with the user experience in mobile gaming and prevent quality from suffering.

Since Nintendo has been reluctant to develop for the mobile device platform in the past, this is some good news for those that have been hoping the mobile device platform would soon receive Nintendo's gaming experience.

Are you excited to see what this collaboration between Nintendo and DeNA could bring to the table?

Sources: Techcrunch
    2015-03-17 06:40 PM
    I know i am not the only one who would like to see Mario Kart in the app store!
    2015-03-17 07:07 PM
    10 years too late. Most people have these games via emulators. I still feel the best experience will be from Nintendo itself.
    2015-03-17 07:54 PM
    Oh ok so they won't port any old games but they'll create new ones. Am I the only one who thinks they might suck? The old games were the reason we all had a childhood.
    2015-03-17 08:48 PM
    Yeah it might suck.

Also, they are planning to keep it simple with the mobile games, so don't expect anything console quality on mobile
    2015-03-17 09:25 PM
    Nintendo is close but no cigar
    2015-03-17 09:40 PM
    Would love to see some older games get ported like Sega did with Sonic. More likely we will see crap games like a Nintendo world or something similar where you have to buy golden mushrooms to upgrade your city etc etc.
    2015-03-17 09:45 PM
    10 years too late. Most people have these games via emulators. I still feel the best experience will be from Nintendo itself.
    10 years too late? Modern smartphones only came out in 2007, and even then, I wouldn't have expected Nintendo to port games right away. If anything, this is more like 5 yrs too late.
    2015-03-17 10:40 PM
    Nintendo who? Haven't played one of of their games in ages...The thrill is gone. Part of a sweat past much like a Steven Spielberg film. ET anyone?
    2015-03-18 12:27 AM
    Would love to see some older games get ported like Sega did with Sonic. More likely we will see crap games like a Nintendo world or something similar where you have to buy golden mushrooms to upgrade your city etc etc.
    ha ha, oh god, i can just see all the "Freemium" games they are going to release.
    2015-03-18 12:41 AM
    I love Nintendo and I am sure they will release excellent high quality games for mobile. Can't wait.
    2015-03-18 06:35 AM
    I love Nintendo and I am sure they will release excellent high quality games for mobile. Can't wait.
    This seems very optimistic and I hope u r right though I tend to share the larger skepticism already mentioned by others. The reason anyone that knows Nintendo might feel excited is because of the memories we have of our past experiences. Whether that translates in any way to new apps seems like a total unknown, particularly given they will only be developing new titles. So the apps of the past that we were all so fond of aren't going to happen, at least not in the way we remember.
    2015-03-18 03:40 PM
    Nintendo really makes great games. I'm a little skeptical, but IMO they're the best game developer out there. I only hope they don't make this just a Mii sharing app or something.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-03-18 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD