About a week ago, we showed you a free jailbreak tweak called TypeTab that improved the workflow in Mobile Safari for iOS by automatically selecting the URL/search bar when you opened a new tab and opening the keyboard automatically, saving you from having to tap in the URL/search bar manually to start a new search.

A new free jailbreak tweak called AKMessages by iOS developer Tim Wong brings this same concept to the Messages application in iOS 8.

After being installed, when you tap on a conversation in the Messages application, the keyboard will automatically appear with the cursor waiting for you in the conversation's text field. This way, you don't have to manually tap on the text field to begin typing.

It helps make the conversing experience in iOS feel that much more automatic and it feels like it improves the workflow by saving you a little bit of time. You probably send a lot of text messages each day to several different people, so this saved time will add up without you even realizing it.

If you're interested in giving AKMessages a try, it's available free of charge in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now. The tweak doesn't have any options to configure, but iOS 8 is required to install the tweak.

Name: AKMessages
    Price:FREE
    Version: 0.1.3-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Tim Wong
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    2015-03-22 07:52 PM
    Works great, thank you!! Any assistance on this giant 6+ is appreciated. This would be useful for Google Maps too.
    2015-03-22 09:34 PM
    iam loving this tweak more then typetab its more buggy to me thank you
    2015-03-23 07:50 AM
    Ahhhhhh yeah, it's the little tweaks like this that make me love jailbreaking even more... Sweet and simple.
    2015-03-23 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD