For a long time, Ałtweaks have been teasing the arrival of a legacy edition of Auxo, which brings the classic Auxo user interface from the iOS 6 days to the transparent and non-skeuomorphic flatter design of iOS 8.

The wait is finally over, and Auxo Legacy Edition shows us just how keeping things the same and simple can sometimes be the best way to present software to new operating systems with complex new features. The tweak hit Cydia for the first time Sunday evening – it's a $1.99 purchase for all new Auxo-goers, but it's only a 99˘ upgrade for those that own Auxo 2 or Auxo 3. The tweak was designed by Sentry_NC and coded by iOS developer Ryan Petrich.

Auxo Legacy Edition takes everything you knew and loved about the original Auxo and brings it to the more modern iOS user interface. You can swipe up from the bottom of the display to open Auxo Legacy Edition, which replaces Control Center outright. You can then swipe side-to-side to move between the App Switcher, Music Controls, and Control Center interface, as shown above.

In the Control Center interface, you get access to your toggles, AirDrop/AirPlay controls, and the brightness slider for the display. The Music Controls interface gives you your album artwork (tap on the small thumbnail to bring up a display-filling large artwork image), the application that the song is playing from, fast-forward, re-wind, play, and pause controls, as well as a volume slider for adjusting how loud the music is. And finally, our favorite part, is the App Switcher, where you can swipe down on application previews to close applications or swipe up on application previews to launch the applications.

Notice the animation that occurs when you swipe up on an application to open it from the Auxo Legacy Edition user interface:

Yes folks, Auxo Legacy Edition takes all that was great about the original Auxo and brings it to iOS 8. This includes the small application previews, overlaid with the application icons for the corresponding application, and the stability of a very well-built App Switcher with more functions than the stock one.

Notably, because Auxo Legacy Edition integrates with Control Center, it doesn't replace the stock App Switcher. So you will have to use some other kind of tweak to either disable the stock App Switcher or re-assign double-pressing the Home Button to do something else after installing Auxo Legacy Edition if you no longer want the stock App Switcher showing up.

Auxo Legacy Edition adds a preferences pane to the Settings application, like all previous versions of Auxo, where you can configure the tweak to your liking and customize the features, appearance, and functionality:

The main preference pane settings are split into three sections: App Switcher, Auxiliary Pages, and Advanced Settings.

Under the App Switcher settings, you can configure the following:

• Pagination paging settings
    • What happens when you swipe up on an application preview
    • What happens when you swipe down on an application preview
    • Tapping and holding to close all applications
    • Blacklisting the applications that you don't want closed when you close out of all your applications

Under the Auxiliary Pages settings, you can configure the following:

• Whether the volume slider bar will be a volume bar or track scrubber
    • Whether your ApirPlay/AirDrop buttons shows up, or another row of toggles does
    • Swapping the page order of your auxiliary page

And finally, under the Advanced Options settings, you can configure the following:

• What page of Auxo Legacy Edition will open when you swipe up from the bottom of the display
    • If the music controls should be opened when you launch Auxo Legacy Edition when listening to Music
    • What pages of Auxo Legacy Edition will be visible when you launch it
    • If music isn't playing, hide the music controls completely from the Auxo Legacy Edition interface

The concept of Auxo Legacy Edition is not only well though out and well executed by the experienced designer and experienced programmer behind this work of art, but it integrates so well with iOS 8 that it's so hard for us not to tell you to try it out today. We think it's fairly priced for what it is, and that the reputation of not only the designer, but the developer, means you'll have a very stable overall experience with Auxo Legacy Edition. Check it out in Cydia's BigBoss repository today!

Name: Auxo Legacy Edition
    Price: $1.99 (99˘ upgrade for Auxo 2 & Auxo 3 owners)
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): Sentry_NC & Ryan Petrich
    Editor's Rating:  6/5
    2015-03-30 12:01 AM
    Works fine on i6. Dunno if I'll stay on this or Auxo 3.
    2015-03-30 01:07 AM
    Would love to get this but iam on 8.2.1 and cydia won't let me buy this this is happening to me a lot is there any way round this hope anyone can help thanks
    2015-03-30 01:31 AM
    Works fine on i6. Dunno if I'll stay on this or Auxo 3.
    I'm using both. They are fully compatible with each other.

Hot corners and Auxo Legacy are perfect!
    2015-03-30 02:45 AM
    6 out of 5 people!
    👊
    2015-03-30 03:46 AM
    Giving a 6 out of 5 rating! Aren't you are getting a bit too excited about this release?

Yes - I have already purchased it!
    2015-03-30 04:44 AM
    Giving a 6 out of 5 rating! Aren't you are getting a bit too excited about this release?

Yes - I have already purchased it!
    I have been so excited for a long time for Newar and Ryan to work together on another project. Newar has excellent talent for concept designing and Ryan has what seems like an unmatched talent for programming. I would happily give this 10 Apples if I could because I know it's going to be a well-built piece of software
    2015-03-30 05:46 AM
    I'm using both. They are fully compatible with each other.

Hot corners and Auxo Legacy are perfect!
    I see... Though now I notice it freezes my lockscreen and springboard sometimes, kinda buggy. I feel more comfortable with Auxo 3 anyways but I'd like the app switcher to display the apps like Legacy, gotta look for a compatible tweak with big Auxo that splits them into tiny apps.
    2015-03-30 06:20 AM
    Tage for the win!
    2015-03-30 07:26 AM
    I'll just leave this here...
    2015-03-30 07:28 AM
    And this

2015-03-30 07:37 AM
    Hot corners would be great to have on Auxo Legacy, yes it works if you have both Auxo 3 and Legacy together (smooth as well) but would be nice to just install Legacy
    2015-03-30 09:30 AM
    Hot corners would be great to have on Auxo Legacy, yes it works if you have both Auxo 3 and Legacy together (smooth as well) but would be nice to just install Legacy
    theres no point having both seen as they are both appswitchers
    2015-03-30 12:03 PM
    And this

What tweaks this? It looks wild
    2015-03-30 12:45 PM
    What tweaks this? It looks wild
    CCButtonBorder aka CCBB!
    Compatible w/ Auxo Legacy which is awesome!!! Auxo Legacy Edition for iOS 8 is Finally Available, and it's Sexy!
    2015-03-30 04:00 PM
    CCButtonBorder aka CCBB!
    Compatible w/ Auxo Legacy which is awesome!!! Auxo Legacy Edition for iOS 8 is Finally Available, and it's Sexy!
    Great job bro!!Auxo Legacy Edition for iOS 8 is Finally Available, and it's Sexy!Auxo Legacy Edition for iOS 8 is Finally Available, and it's Sexy!Auxo Legacy Edition for iOS 8 is Finally Available, and it's Sexy!
    Do you mind sharing & showing how to get the setting like that? Auxo Legacy Edition for iOS 8 is Finally Available, and it's Sexy!Auxo Legacy Edition for iOS 8 is Finally Available, and it's Sexy!
    Thanks
    2015-03-30 08:32 PM
    And this

that looks wild!! what tweak is that?
    2015-03-31 12:41 AM
    Archer is much better
    2015-03-31 07:16 PM
    this tweak is cool and id like to stick with it, but with all the other tweaks and stuff that i have on my phone, auxo works the best for me.
    2015-03-31 08:37 PM
    Newest version put phone in safe mode when app is chosen from switcher, is there a way to downgrade to earlier version?
    2015-09-06 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD