As we come closer to the launch of the Apple Watch in April, Apple is now inviting all third-party developers to begin submitting Apple Watch-supported applications, as indicated by a new page on the developer section of Apple's Web site.

Although Apple began approving applications with Apple Watch support just under a week ago, it was basically only the big names in the App Store that were getting the support, such as Twitter, OpenTable, Evernote, and others. Tuesday's invite is aimed at everybody those that are big, and even those that aren't as well known in the iOS App Store.

To start developing for the Apple Watch, app developers need to update to the latest version of Xcode 6 with the iOS 8.2 SDK and can start designing their applications so that they work seamlessly with their iPhone application versions. Apple's Web site includes a variety of hints and tricks for both design and development that will help newer developers into developing for the Apple Watch, which is truly a different monster than your everyday iOS device.

The Apple Watch is set to go on pre-sale starting April 10th and will be available for purchase on April 24th. Because of this, getting applications ready and launched as soon as possible is one of the things Apple hopes to do so that those adopting the Apple Watch for the first time will have what feels like a seamless experience migrating from using just iOS to using both iOS and Apple Watch.

Excited? We are!

Sources: Apple
    2015-03-31 09:19 PM
    any whispers on an 8.2 JB yet?
    2015-03-31 09:25 PM
    any whispers on an 8.2 JB yet?
    Not yet, unfortunately.
    2015-03-31 09:28 PM
    I'm waiting to hear if this apple watch 2.0 later this year is true
    2015-04-01 01:09 AM
    I'm waiting to hear if this apple watch 2.0 later this year is true
    THIS year? Sounds unlikely.
    2015-04-01 01:31 AM
    8.2 most likely isn't going to be jailbroken until after 8.3 gets released or jailbroken. And apple watch isn't going to see a real reiteration until next year most likely.
    2015-04-01 03:01 AM
    8.2 most likely isn't going to be jailbroken until after 8.3 gets released or jailbroken. And apple watch isn't going to see a real reiteration until next year most likely.
    I would think that with as far along as we are in the iOS 8.3 beta phase, we would be better off waiting until the iOS 8.3 public release. But with iOS 8.4 also around the corner.... it seems that's exactly how Apple wants us to think.
    2015-04-01 04:00 AM
    I would think that with as far along as we are in the iOS 8.3 beta phase, we would be better off waiting until the iOS 8.3 public release. But with iOS 8.4 also around the corner.... it seems that's exactly how Apple wants us to think.
    I am wondering when 8.3 will actually drop since 8.2 was the big Apple watch release but 8.3 is almost done and the apple watch hasn't even launched yet. Was 8.2 just a hype train launch when really 8.3 was meant to be the apple watch update. Who knows. But I just hope the jailbreak teams release an 8.3 tool whether or not 8.4 is close to launch solely because 8.4 will probably offer nothing more than optimisation that won't be very much wanted. But that's just my opinion. I'll save a real decision for 8.4 beta 1. Lol.
    2015-04-01 10:04 AM
    Jailbreaks have been quick the last few iOS updates. The Dev's are definitely doing their due diligence and I am very thankful.
    2015-04-01 02:19 PM
    we're just getting close to watch release day, and I feel like this could be a product that has long backorder times. but if I jump at release and there's no JB for a while, I either have a useless gadget or an unjailbroken phone (ie useless gadget).

but if I don't jump at release, and a jailbreak comes out quickly thereafter, the early adopter in me will die a little.

first world problems waaaaaaah
    2015-04-01 06:13 PM
    we're just getting close to watch release day, and I feel like this could be a product that has long backorder times. but if I jump at release and there's no JB for a while, I either have a useless gadget or an unjailbroken phone (ie useless gadget).

but if I don't jump at release, and a jailbreak comes out quickly thereafter, the early adopter in me will die a little.

first world problems waaaaaaah
    You'll always be able to grab one off ebay for 2x the price!

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-04-01 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD