User Tag List

Vex is a new theme platform by iOS development team AtomDevTeam that has been carefully crafted just for Notification Center and Control Center on the iOS 8 platform. It's also compatible with all iOS 8 devices, whether that's an iPhone, iPod touch, or even an iPad.

By default, the tweak comes with one theme – it's a theme that resembles the look and feel of iOS 6, as shown above. You can also add more themes by adding the developers' repository to your list of sources in Cydia, and there you'll find an additional 11 themes that can be used with Vex. They include:

Control Center

• Classic
    • Classic Light
    • Classic Modern
    • Minimal
    • Modern
    • Wood
    • iOS 7

Notification Center

• Classic
    • Modern
    • Wood

For those interested, that repository is:

PHP Code:
    atomdevteam.com 
    It doesn't stop there though, as Vex is a platform. You can actually create your own themes, which opens an infinite number of possibilities from the jailbreak community, especially with the strong theming base we have here at ModMyi.

Vex adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, enable or disabling theming of Control Center and/or Notification Center individually on demand, choose the themes you would like to use, and find details on how you can make and submit your own themes:

You have to respring any time that you make changes to the settings, and a respring button is included in the main preferences pane. You also have to make sure you select the theme you want to use before exiting out of the selector pane, or else nothing will happen to your Control Center or Notification Center (ask me how I know). The developer is working on improvements to this layout, but for now, it works if you take the time to configure it correctly!

Some more examples of the additional themes you can download on the developers' repository below:

If you want to get started with Vex today, and we think you should, then you can head over to Cydia's BigBoss repository to download this tweak for just 99 right now. iOS 8 is required to install the tweak on your device.

Name: Vex
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: AtomDevTeam
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-04-08 at 08:47 AM.
    2015-04-07 07:10 PM
    Will it work with auxo
    2015-04-07 07:22 PM
    ^^ What he said..if so, i am ALL OVER IT.
    2015-04-07 07:40 PM
    Um... Partially. 'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification Center-imageuploadedbymodmyi1428432393.390876.jpg
    2015-04-07 07:46 PM
    It works beautifully with Auxo Legacy edition for the iPhone though. 'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification Center-imageuploadedbymodmyi1428432885.406943.jpg
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-04-07 at 08:32 PM. Reason: iPhone, apparently not the iPad.
    2015-04-07 07:54 PM
    It reminds me of good old SBSettings
    2015-04-07 07:59 PM
    It reminds me of good old SBSettings
    I suppose the default theme does kind of look like old SBSettings. Check out the repository you can add for additional themes.
    2015-04-07 08:10 PM
    Doesn't work on iPad auxo legacy...
    2015-04-07 08:13 PM
    Is this compatible with QuickActivator?

Prefer CCButtonBorder its more flexible to theme Control Center
    2015-04-07 08:34 PM
    Nvrmnd
    Last edited by thazsar; 2015-04-08 at 04:31 AM.
    2015-04-07 08:40 PM
    Thazsar, that's what I'm actually using now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015-04-07 08:57 PM

2015-04-07 08:58 PM
    Nvrmnd
    Last edited by thazsar; 2015-04-08 at 04:31 AM.
    2015-04-07 09:07 PM
    2015-04-07 09:09 PM
    Best part is... the 'community' is what built CCBB. We used input from our themers to make this happen. If it weren't for them, CCBB wouldn't be as diverse as it is.

But, hey, if you'd rather someone else dictate how you customize your stuff, jump on the bandwagon and pay for the ride!
    2015-04-07 09:17 PM
    Good points all, Thaz.. You should start a CCBB thread and have Anthony evaluate it in his weekly tweak evals.. I'm sure Anthony would do that..
    2015-04-07 09:47 PM
    Not bad, if you want to have the same CC look as the other 1,000 people with Vex.
    Only one tweak can give you a truly customizable CC. AND ITS FREE'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification Center
    'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification Center'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification Center'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification Center'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification CenterCCBB'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification Center'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification Center'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification Center'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification Center
    2015-04-07 10:16 PM
    I also prefer CCBB. Its a great tweak and it deserves some love. Best CC theming tweak by far.
    2015-04-07 10:21 PM
    Maybe I'm bitter but if you feel like ONLY customizing 1/4 of your Control Center, then Vex is for you...

Otherwise, if you want control of EVERYTHING, then get CCButtonBorder CCBB. But let's not write about that since it's made from novice developers...

OH, and it's free...!

CCBB FTW!!!
    *Auxo LE w/ QuickActivator
    I'm not real impressed with the quality of the graphics or the appearance of these themes. But that's my 2 and where I stand with that.

Perhaps it is something I could look into when more theming options are available with a more polished finish.
    2015-04-08 03:06 AM
    Heres pic of both.
    Taste is subjectective...

2015-04-08 03:26 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD