Mophie recently launched its Space Pack battery and storage cases for the iPhone 6, 6 Plus and iPad mini as well as the new Spacestation battery/storage pack. The company even went as far as releasing a 2.0 update of its Space file manager for the iOS platform.

For those of you who didn’t know, the new Space Packs connect to an iOS device to provide 32, 64, or 128 GB of extra storage along with extending its battery life. The amount of extended use time varies from device to device. To be more specific, the iPhone 6 Case uses a 3,300 milliamp-hour (mAh) battery to double the battery life. On the other hand, the Mini case likewise doubles life with a 7,000 mAh supply while the 6 Plus case only offers a 50% boost with a 2,600 mAh cell.

On the other hand, the standalone Spacestation also comes in at 32, 64, or 128 GB sizes but is a platform-independent product connecting via USB. The device has a 6,000 mAh battery that can be purportedly double the life of an iPad mini or triple that of an iPhone 6 Plus and quadruple the life of an iPhone 6.

Last but not least, the Space app, which has been updated, no longer requires a Mophie product to work and supports Wi-Fi file access from a nearby Mac or PC. Now, favorites are organized in a central location and the app can be unlocked using the Touch ID. Furthermore, the app is a free download for any device running iOS 7 or later.

Those of you interested in purchasing the devices can order them now. The iPhone 6 Space Packs are shipping in May in black or gold colors with a price tag ranging from $150-$300. The iPhone 6 Plus cases have similar prices and ship dates but are only available in black. Last but not least, the Spacestation is currently shipping in three to five days and is priced identically to the Space Packs at $150-$300.

Will any of you be picking up one of the new Mophie accessories?

Source: iTunes (Mophie Space), Mophie Space Lineup

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2015-04-11 08:12 AM
    Nope Mophie Launches its Space Pack Battery Cases and Spacestation Battery Pack
    2015-04-11 08:35 AM
    No, it will just ruin the design of iDevice. I'd rather use powerbank than this piece of crap!
    2015-04-11 12:45 PM
    No, it will just ruin the design of iDevice. I'd rather use powerbank than this piece of crap!
    True that regret buying mine when I had 4s waste of money
    2015-04-11 04:28 PM
    future. impressive
    2015-04-11 05:50 PM
    For users like me who always feel that the inbuilt 32 Gs isnt enough for my mini, this is a yes yes. so individualised use I guess. why criticise an idea?
    Last edited by Laxu; 2015-04-11 at 05:55 PM.
    2015-04-11 05:53 PM
    Know a guy with the 5s version of this. He can't stop raving about it. Does look kind of bland and generic, but it does what he needs it to and he's happy.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-04-11 06:41 PM
    Know a guy with the 5s version of this. He can't stop raving about it. Does look kind of bland and generic, but it does what he needs it to and he's happy.
    Yea, I would never cough up the money for it, but it was the best gift I've ever received, haha
    2015-04-11 11:20 PM
    I bought one for my 5s last year. Pro and con

Pro: extra storage for pics, movies, music but must be play within Morphie app.
    Battery added to my day but it won't charge all the way up

Con: If you use the case for extra battery... Then you can't access the files once you reach like 10%
    Case didn't have a front lip so my screen was flush.. Didn't like that!
    Files are not combine with build in apple apps
    Also too expensive. I bought a 64gig for $180 last year

So it has it good and bad. I was thinking of buying one for my 6 plus but with only 50% extra charge, it won't be worth it. Also I remember taking this case on and off too many times cause what's the point of having a bulky case with run down battery. If I had the iPhone 6 I would consider it!
    2015-04-12 01:23 AM
    For the price they're asking, you could have just upgraded to the 128gb iPhone....then buy a cheap battery pack and still come out a few hundred ahead.
    2015-04-12 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD