March was a monster month for Apple's Safari mobile browser, according to freshly published stats from StatCounter.

During the month of March, Safari alone accounted for more than 50% of US mobile and tablet usage.

The independent website analytics provider says Apple's share clocked in at 55%. In second was Chrome with 29.9% and Android came in third with 9.5%.

"This emphasizes the potential prize in the rapidly growing mobile space for Yahoo, Bing or others if Apple decides to end its default search deal with Google," Aodhan Cullen, CEO of StatCounter, is quoted in the company's published report.

According to StatCounter, Apple's Safari isn't just a runaway hit at home. Beyond the United States, StaCounter also confirms that Safari is leading in mobile and tablet usage in various "mature" mobile markets, include Canada, the UK, Australia and Japan.

To learn more, check out the full report from StatCounter here.

Source: StatCounter
    2015-04-22 05:24 PM
    I wonder how different those numbers would be if you could change the default browser.
    2015-04-22 08:18 PM
    I wonder how different those numbers would be if you could change the default browser.
    iE is default browser for windows. Most windows users I've seen use chrome instead of iE.
    2015-04-22 11:18 PM
    iE is default browser for windows. Most windows users I've seen use chrome instead of iE.
    I can't stand to use IE!!! Worst internet browser!!! :P
    2015-04-23 12:07 AM
    I can't stand to use IE!!! Worst internet browser!!! :P
    Yet some people that don't know any better still use it. I remember seeing people's browser's with half the screen being taken up by all sorts of random search bars and other crap.
    2015-04-23 01:15 AM
    IE: The #1 browser for downloading other browsers lol
    2015-04-23 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD