The Apple Watch and Apple Watch Edition, which are made from stainless steel and gold respectively, both come with a charging cable that has an aluminum charging head where the charger is supposed to magnetically snap to the Apple Watch for charging. Interestingly, this is not the case with the Apple Watch Sport.

As it would appear, not only does the Apple Watch Sport have a cheaper display, cheaper metal case, and cheaper arm band, but the charger is made entirely from plastic. It's the same white plastic that is used in the iPhone chargers, such as the Lightning cable.

It's not really surprising since the Apple Watch Sport is the absolute bottom of the line model of the Apple Watch, but it's sort of one of those things where you see it and you think to yourself, "really, Apple? You couldn't have just made my day that much better with a nice high-quality aluminum charger?"

On the other hand, if you purchased an Apple Watch Sport and still want the aluminum Apple Watch charger, you can buy it separately online. Both a 1-meter and 2-meter version of the cable are available for $29.00 and $39.00 respectively online via Apple's online store.

Sources: 9to5Mac
    2015-04-24 06:17 PM
    Probably didn't wanna scratch the aluminum watch case?
    2015-04-24 09:18 PM
    Nah they wanted to save some money
    2015-04-24 10:14 PM
    Nah they wanted to save some money
    I wonder what the markup is on these things. How much money are they actually spending on these.
    2015-04-24 10:49 PM
    ITT people will complain about a freakin charger.
    2015-04-24 11:04 PM
    ITT people will complain about a freakin charger.
    I don't give a crap about how the charger looks, but you gimme a charger that breaks in 3 weeks and yeah, I'm complaining.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-04-24 11:06 PM
    Well the better charger does have plastic but only where the watch sets connects
    2015-04-25 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD