User Tag List

A new tweak called Fingal just went live on the modmyi repo. From developer Charlie Hewitt, Fingal is a winterboard like tweak that allows theming of icons with animated gifs. With a similar setup in settings where you simply move different Fingal themes in a stackable order you can easily set numerous animated icons onto your springboard. A few example icons come with the tweak and a package in cydia called ShakeIt (and ShakeIt Plus) by Author AhmadNagy adds 19 more animated icons that you can enable with Fingal. Naming structure for new themes is very similar to that of winterboard which means current theme creators should be able to easily add Fingal animated icon packs as add ons to their themes.

Video of Fingal in action:
    Last edited by Simon; 2016-02-06 at 04:21 AM.
    2016-01-25 11:33 PM
    Wow. Can anyone please tell me what theme is that? Would surely install it once the new JB release. looks like a long wait now.
    2016-01-26 04:10 AM
    free?
    2016-01-26 05:17 AM
    Neat tweak in that it makes your phone's springboard come alive. Wonder what the effects on battery life are?
    2016-01-26 01:30 PM
    Wow. Can anyone please tell me what theme is that? Would surely install it once the new JB release. looks like a long wait now.
    The icons that aren't moving are from Zoobhoy Redux.
    2016-01-26 01:35 PM
    free?
    Yes, Fingal is free.
    2016-01-26 01:37 PM
    It's a great idea- uses animated Gifs, so I don't know how much the battery is impacted. I have something else sucking my batterylife and hooking into backboardd, so I can't measure what this does. Just use a theme with less animated icons.
    2016-01-27 12:30 AM
    By the way. I want to thank you Simon for keeping us updated in the news section!!
    2016-01-27 04:01 AM
    By the way. I want to thank you Simon for keeping us updated in the news section!!
    Thanks
    Just trying to keep the site going while some others start pitching in too.
    2016-01-27 04:53 AM
    Added a few of my own icons. Definitely liking this tweak. Made the weather, IMDb and dataman ones myself. Big thanks to King for showing me this tweak few weeks ago while it was still in beta.

2016-01-27 04:54 AM
    Anyone using it care to comment on stability and battery usage ? I would like to try it but I have a fairly bug free combo of teaks currently and hate to mess it up with a buggy tweak (not saying that it is , just asking). Thanks !
    2016-01-27 02:30 PM
    Anyone using it care to comment on stability and battery usage ? I would like to try it but I have a fairly bug free combo of teaks currently and hate to mess it up with a buggy tweak (not saying that it is , just asking). Thanks !
    I've been using it last few days, battery doesn't seem too affected by it but I'm sure any tweak like this would have an impact on battery life a little. Haven't experienced any bugs with it.
    2016-01-27 03:40 PM
    Looks great New Fingal Tweak brings animated icons to iOS🏾
    2016-01-27 05:07 PM
    It's been working just fine for me. I can't say that I've noticed a huge battery drain, but it hard to say as my usage lately has varied day to day.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2016-01-27 05:21 PM
    Battery killah!! Lmao
    2016-01-28 06:34 PM
    Liking it so far. Can't tell about battery yet. Anyone know how to search for other compatible icons ?
    2016-01-29 11:32 PM
    Man, I'm tempted to comeback to iOS but I can't allow myself to be assimilated.
    2016-01-31 12:52 AM
    Anyone looking to make their own be wary of how many frames you are using in your gifs for the icons. I've done up a pack of 20 so far and I'm starting to experience some random resprings. I've found gifs run on a lockscreen with lockhtml can cause resprings if there is a lot of frames (100+). So I'm assuming the same thing is occurring when I run too many of these animated icons at once with too many frames in them.
    2016-02-01 04:38 AM
    I'm trying, experiencing and testing since a while with creating gif's for Fingal from 50 up to 250 frames and never had any issues. Quite the opposite. For me the way of creating and using animated icons is running very smooth and extremely stable. Only thing what is a little annoying is that the icons won't show the short time after closing an application till they have rearranged to the right position on the screen. Another problem for me is not getting icon overlays to work and hope the guys will work on it soon.
    2016-02-05 02:28 PM
    I'm trying, experiencing and testing since a while with creating gif's for Fingal from 50 up to 250 frames and never had any issues. Quite the opposite. For me the way of creating and using animated icons is running very smooth and extremely stable. Only thing what is a little annoying is that the icons won't show the short time after closing an application till they have rearranged to the right position on the screen. Another problem for me is not getting icon overlays to work and hope the guys will work on it soon.
    How many are you running at the same time? I started getting resprings when I got around 15 icons going at once, a lot of them with 150 frames each.

Also what program are you using to make them? Maybe that has something to do with it too.
    2016-02-05 03:27 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD