User Tag List

I came across this article, by chance. Not promising.

https://www.cultofmac.com/490594/jai...king-dead/amp/
    2017-09-08 04:23 PM
    I came across this article, by chance. Not promising.

https://www.cultofmac.com/490594/jai...king-dead/amp/
    Mannnn....that article stung. But man, it truly looks like it was coming.
    2017-09-08 04:28 PM
    Mannnn....that article stung. But man, it truly looks like it was coming.
    iPhones, stock, now do about 70% of what we used to Jailbreak for in the iPhone 4 days... as far as "tweaks" go. The main thing they still don't do is allow icon theme customization and HTML playback of backgrounds. Interesting that both of those things ARE possible in the Android world WITHOUT rooting (Jailbreaking) your Android phone. And those two things are still the main reason I jailbreak. If a jailbreak isn't imminent in iOS 11 - I'll jump ship to an S8. Used to be Android OS and phones were vastly inferior to Apple. That is no longer the case. My whole "work paradigm" is still Apple and that would be the hard part leaving it behind. But a stock Apple phone is still never an option for me.
    2017-09-09 01:11 PM
    iPhones, stock, now do about 70% of what we used to Jailbreak for in the iPhone 4 days... as far as "tweaks" go. The main thing they still don't do is allow icon theme customization and HTML playback of backgrounds. Interesting that both of those things ARE possible in the Android world WITHOUT rooting (Jailbreaking) your Android phone. And those two things are still the main reason I jailbreak. If a jailbreak isn't imminent in iOS 11 - I'll jump ship to an S8. Used to be Android OS and phones were vastly inferior to Apple. That is no longer the case. My whole "work paradigm" is still Apple and that would be the hard part leaving it behind. But a stock Apple phone is still never an option for me.
    I'm totally Loving Android now. I am still an Apple Fan Girl but left IPhone when The Galaxy S7 edge came out. I moved onto the Note 7 then back to S7E. Then onto the Galaxy s8+ and now to the Note8! Yes, I have a gadget Problem! That being said I just got so bored with IOS even though my iPh6+ was jailbroken. With android I have all of the icons from iOS I could ever want. Of course I Still use BUUF theme icons as it has been my Favorite theme for years. I use the Weather Now app as my animated weather on my Home Screen. Nothing for Android on the Lockscreen compares to UniAW. At least I can't find anything. From the ever so customizable Launchers And Keyboards and the different SMS apps I don't miss iphones whatsoever. Since I still Live in the Apple worId (Macbook Pro ,iMac) I use 2 great apps that sync with iCloud. Smoothsync for Cloud Contacts and Smoothsync for CLoud Calendar. I only miss Fantastical ios calendar app but Google Calendar has been a fine replacement.
    I Still have yalu jailbreak app but having to Redo it is a bother. I'm out of the loop so don't even know if there's anything better for iOS 10.2.
    Are you guys or gals headed toward iph8 or X?
    The only other thing I would like is to have a cross platform Apple Watch. The Smaller size is so nice. Apple screwed up to me with their new Series 3 LTE. Not making it a true Standalone LTE watch was a mistake.
    2017-09-23 05:39 AM
    Apple screwed up to me with their new Series 3 LTE. Not making it a true Standalone LTE watch was a mistake.
    Not quite sure what you mean by that ^. From all I've seen and read it IS truly standalone. Please explain how it isn't?
    2017-09-23 11:56 AM
    Not quite sure what you mean by that ^. From all I've seen and read it IS truly standalone. Please explain how it isn't?
    I have AT&T and they have this "feature" called NumberSync. I don't know what it's called with the other U.S. Carriers (similar functionality I hear) but essentially your Cell Phone Number seamlessly will carry over to your Apple Watch to be used and people will never know the difference that your call is coming from the watch instead of your cell phone. Cell number shows on their Caller ID. The Apple Watch is assigned a new unique phone number when you add it to your plan but the Watch number is only for billing purposes. Unlike my Gear S2 which has a unique cell number assigned to it, I can make calls on the Gear S2 using that unique cell number OR setup the watch with NumberSync and either way No cell phone needs to be with you.
    I wanted to get an LTE Apple Watch, set it up by putting in the SIM card from my Note 8 into my old iPH6+, establish the NumberSync process then put the SIM card back into the Note 8 but I read so many bad things about doing that so I just got the GPS version. The battery life on the LTE AW if making a long call or many shorter calls is supposed to be atrocious.

So now, I turned on the Hotspot on my Note 8, connected the old iPH6+ to that Hotspot wifi and the Apple Watch will connect to the iPh6+ (and able to receive/send iMessages, mail that is configured on the iPhone, weather app updates and any other apps that reside on the Apple Watch and need wifi to update.
    Once that initial Hotspot connection was made with the iPh6+/Apple watch it is now a "known" (can't remember exactly what apple calls it) wifi connection to the watch so when I leave the house I turn on the Hotspot on the Note 8 and the Apple Watch has a permanent Wifi Connection. I can easily send text messages using the voice function (otherwise way too small for me to type out), send/receive emails, etc.
    Of course there are no syncing of the iMessages on my Note 8 but the mail will show up. I never have to carry the iPh6+ using this process and "kind of" have the best of both worlds. Quite sufficient for me.
    I'm such a geeky goober that I wear both the Gear S2 an the Apple Watch! LOL! Like jewelry for me...
    On the Gear S2 I made a BUUF themed watch face and I'll try soon to see if I can create a BUUF themed watchface using the Facer app for the Apple Watch. Not sure yet if that's possible...
    And that's living in both the Android and iOS world!

Update: If my response was utterly confusing, sorry! Here's a good article that explains it further.

Using LTE Apple Watch on its own for SMS/MMS, phone calls & notifications

Janet
    Last edited by burrzoo; 2017-10-04 at 11:16 PM.
    2017-10-04 11:11 PM
    not sure on what other will think but for me to have back my fav tweaks I'm reasonable to pay 100 or more for my phone to be in that way.
    2017-11-29 05:13 PM
    not sure on what other will think but for me to have back my fav tweaks I'm reasonable to pay 100 or more for my phone to be in that way.
    I would be good with $100 for sure if the jailbreak would be an untethered one.

Would definitely still considered it for a tethered one like the ones we have now.

I am on 9.3.3 on my iPh6+ and I gave an iPh X and iPh8+ a shot for 2 weeks and a stock phone is simply something I couldn't deal with....so I totally get where you're coming from about your fav tweaks.
    2017-11-29 07:40 PM
    I would be good with $100 for sure if the jailbreak would be an untethered one.

Would definitely still considered it for a tethered one like the ones we have now.

I am on 9.3.3 on my iPh6+ and I gave an iPh X and iPh8+ a shot for 2 weeks and a stock phone is simply something I couldn't deal with....so I totally get where you're coming from about your fav tweaks.
    mine still on 9.3.3 iPhone 6s and waitin for X to come next week but I'm sure without be jailbroken I don't know how i will deal with. I'm still hoping for this one to come alive and everyone have fun again with new toys..
    let's consider this $200 then ):
    2017-11-30 02:37 AM
    It would be pirated the first day it was released… The person might get 10,000 in sales if that.
    I have to agree with everything you said. Imo I don't think over 1 million is jailbreaking at all and let's say it's true for a fact hour many will pay for it. And it shows. If a jailbreak for the public does happen is often on early versions never updates.
    I never thought about the laziness of the young haha. Well they only option now is up to the people to force apple to give customize options on there platform.
    Unless someone or some team stands for the people and for the community of jailbreaking a public release can remain dark.
    2017-12-03 06:14 AM
    I have to agree with everything you said. Imo I don't think over 1 million is jailbreaking at all and let's say it's true for a fact hour many will pay for it. And it shows. If a jailbreak for the public does happen is often on early versions never updates.
    I never thought about the laziness of the young haha. Well they only option now is up to the people to force apple to give customize options on there platform.
    Unless someone or some team stands for the people and for the community of jailbreaking a public release can remain dark.
    You’re never going to ‘make’ Apple do anything. Lol!
    2017-12-03 12:28 PM
    2017-12-08 12:07 PM
    If you're on iOS11.2.. Make sure you downgrade to 11.1.2 TODAY before signing window closes - as the new jailbreak that's being credibly rumored ONLY works on 11.0.1 to 11.1.2.. all 64 bit devices including 6/6Plus/7/7Plus/8/8Plus and X. It hasn't been built yet.. but the exploit has been released by IanBeer. The same guy whose exploit allowed all iOS10 jailbreaks.

You don't want to be caught without the ability to JB if you're already on 11.. Those of you with older phones on iOS9 and 10.. Not sure if this is worth a change for you. But 7/7Plus on 10.2 or later (missing last JB) and all later phones.. Definitely.

And don't worry about Watch OS 4.2.. It works perfectly with 11.1.2 as well.
    2017-12-12 04:04 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD