ok ok ok we all see multipul threads out there but there is NOTHING concrete to say what does or doesnt work...

this thread should help those looking for a FM TRANSMITTER FOR THEIR Iphone.

*but wait why not buy an aux input or a blah tape deck*

well for those of you who dont know.. not everyone has aux inputs on their stereos YET nor does everyone have tapedecks in their car (hello 2008 not 1988 do automakers even include tapes in their cars still??)

so here is a list of those of us stuck between having nothing or poor quality

post your make/model of your fm adaptor, ISSUES with it, reception, airplane mode required to work at all (some will not work whatsoever unless its in airplane mode others will)

format:

BRAND:
    MODEL:
    AIRPLANE MODE REQUIRED?
    RECEPTION:
    COST:
    AUX INPUT (3.5mm headphone jack for better audio control)

CHARGING ABILITY:Y/N??

mine:
    BRAND: GRIFFIN
    MODEL: ITRIP
    PRICE: 59.99 @ TARGET
    AIRPLANE: PLAYS WITH AND WITHOUT AIRPLANE MODE
    RECEPTION: WITH AIRPLANE NOTHING INTERFERS AND IM IN THE BAY AREA... HOWEVER OUT OF AIRPLANE MODE IT HAS 5/10 RECEPTION LOCAL RADIO STATIONS INTERRUPT QUITE OFTEN
    AUX INPUT: NO HAS NO AUX INPUT
    CHARGE: yes charges iphone

hope this thread clears everything up for everyone.. there are so many floating around but no clear answers!!!!!! remember everyone with one needs to post here so we can get a list going
    ill update as i have time...

Last edited by trdkamuri51o; 2008-06-19 at 02:24 AM.
    2008-06-19 12:45 AM
    BRAND: Monster Cable
    MODEL: Monster Cable AICHG2IP
    AIRPLANE MODE REQUIRED? Nope
    RECEPTION: Decent
    COST: $30 online
    AUX INPUT (3.5mm headphone jack for better audio control) None

I was using this for a while, would go on long drives and get sick of changing stations. I installed a new radio, wired a cable through it, and direct connect it now. That's the way to go.

*I'd recommend this though to those that don't to much driving > 50 miles from their home.

**No charging capabilities
    Last edited by Bleeditout2130; 2008-06-19 at 03:23 AM.
    2008-06-19 01:36 AM
    thanks for contributing.. im going to mod this just slightly and ask if u can put if it has charging capabilities.. that was a big thing i forgot when making the original post

every bit helps people!!! we need more user friendly posts here so there is less bandwith wasted!!! that and you can refer to a 1 stop thread for your major questions
    2008-06-19 02:22 AM
    thanks for contributing.. im going to mod this just slightly and ask if u can put if it has charging capabilities.. that was a big thing i forgot when making the original post

every bit helps people!!! we need more user friendly posts here so there is less bandwith wasted!!! that and you can refer to a 1 stop thread for your major questions
    Done!
    2008-06-19 03:23 AM
    BRAND: MONSTER
    MODEL: iCAR PLAY
    AIRPLANE MODE REQUIRED? No. Its optional
    RECEPTION: Damn Good. 8 FM Presets Available.
    COST: $79.99
    AUX INPUT: Only the iPod connector
    CHARGING ABILITY:Yes.

Link:
    Future Shop: iPod & MP3 Players: Apple iPod Accessories: Monster iCarPlay FM iPod Transmitter

Inside info: If you know someone that works there, or at Bestbuy here in Canada get them to buy it for you at staff discount. Monster is marked up hardcore, this will only cost you (as it did me) $25.00 Taxes in.
    2008-06-27 08:10 AM
    BRAND: MONSTER
    MODEL: iCAR PLAY
    AIRPLANE MODE REQUIRED? No. Its optional
    RECEPTION: Damn Good. 8 FM Presets Available.
    COST: $79.99
    AUX INPUT: Only the iPod connector
    CHARGING ABILITY:Yes.

Link:
    Future Shop: iPod & MP3 Players: Apple iPod Accessories: Monster iCarPlay FM iPod Transmitter

I also have the same cable bought it online but also has them at Futureshop but now my problem is I don't got a working ciggerate lighter and just recently put a new deck in but with no way to stiack an aux cable in
    2008-06-27 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.