User Tag List

okay so heres the deal. i really love the look of the agent 18 case, how it goes around the screen and nothing goes ontop and around the home key/earpiece. So that is the style i'd like to go for.

now, i had the rubber case from apple, its the one with the squiggly lines on the back, and looked just like the agent 18 case. now i loved it other than now its just fully stretched out like it just gave birth. thats why i wanted the agent 18 case, however, i bought it and it won't go on my phone, reason being is because i have the bestskinsever invisible shield on my iphone.

it would go in maybe half an inch to an inch onto the phone then it would get stuck from the really tight fit with the skin on.

i'm looking for a case such as this and something that allows me to take my phone in and out of the case (i used my iphone with a belkin cup holder mount which fits my phone perfectly without a case on in my car). Thats why i disliked the showcase and such because it was a hassle moving it in and out and it started scratching the bottom of my iphone bezel.

any suggestions? looking for a black or clear case, that only goes around the bezel and protects the back that accomodates to the invisible shield i have on my phone.
    2007-12-31 06:14 PM
    you probably won't find one to do that because they are all made to be fully functional as is agent 18 is the best case and still fits many docks. if you want to pull it out alot you definitely don't want the agent 18 because it slides on and it will eventually start to wear the back down to bare metal like mine, but mine is always in the case so i don't mind the back looking like that....

ps i play with it by sliding it up and clicking it back into place thats why it so messed up, nervous habit i guess.
    2008-01-02 07:24 PM
    Contour Showcase.............end of thread.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)
    2008-01-05 10:40 PM
    Contour Showcase.............end of thread.
    umm... this might be the end of the thread, except for the fact that the belt clip on the Contour Showcase loosens after a few weeks, rendering the case floppy and useless.

currently waiting for an eCopilot H482609 from ebcases.com...
    2008-01-06 08:06 PM
    umm... this might be the end of the thread, except for the fact that the belt clip on the Contour Showcase loosens after a few weeks, rendering the case floppy and useless.

currently waiting for an eCopilot H482609 from ebcases.com...

Looks cheap and offers minimal impact protection. Good luck with that. I thought this thread was someone asking about hard cases?

OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)
    2008-01-07 06:12 AM
    Try the Switcheasy.com capsulate case...

I just got one... its awesome. LOVE IT!!!
    2008-01-07 08:22 AM
    Why not use the Agent18 case with just a screen protector on it?
    2008-01-07 03:09 PM
    iHome hard case. $25 at fye. I just got it to replace my iskin revo. i love it.
    2008-01-08 01:00 AM
    This is the case that I am using.
    http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple/iphonesignature
    2008-01-08 01:12 AM
    the anget 18 one looks sweet too
    2008-01-08 07:39 AM
    the switcheasy organization is hit or miss...there is a separate thread in this forum that discusses how unresponsive they have been to orders placed as long as 3 weeks ago ...
    2008-01-13 07:38 PM
    I pre-ordered the Agent18 EcoSheild before it came out used it for about 4 months. Loved it. Then I went to the Best Skins Ever because I've always had them on my Blackberry's/iPod's and even my MacBook Pro. I also tried to fit the Agent18 on after i put the skin on and it didn't work so well. Personally, at this moment, I almost wish I didn't put on the BSE because I like the way the Agent18 looks and works. (oh and I've also had experience with several Agent18 cases and they are by far the most reliable)

My opinion, Lose the skin, its only an 8$ fix if you dislike the Agent18 in the end.
    2008-01-14 04:09 AM
    Hi,
    I had the contour showcase on my iPhone for the last 4 months with a bestskinsever on it. I was happy with the setup but knew I'd never get the phone out of the case without breaking it. the showcase was nice because it was "grippy" and tough, it felt like it would handle a fall or two.

Last week I got my wife an agent 18 black case I managed to get her phone out of the contour showcase without breaking it, but took off the back of the bestskinsever. within a week Ive got myself a clear agent 18 case (I also took off the back of my bestskinsever skin).

contour positives
    sturdy
    rubbery grippy
    can use entire bestskinsever (but you probably cant ever get the phone out again)

Contour negitives
    heavy, and "bulky"
    the clear plastic on the front by the home button and ear hole get dirt under them , and with the bestskinsever case I couldnt get the phone out to clean it.

Agent 18 case pros
    small compact and light
    looks nice and clean
    small compact and light

agent 18 cons
    No grippyness when you hold it
    might not survive many falls
    can only use the face protector skin, not the entire skin
    2008-01-20 03:00 PM
    I a looking for that case that used to come with the ipod. Those are the best , but I ordered one which are the best in silicone
    2008-01-23 06:04 PM
    look into MARWARE hard very nice tight fit doesnt wobble at all
    2008-01-26 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD