Ok, so i'm in Iowa, and it's a bit chilly here (0 F). As i walk around campus my headphones get very stiff, and the button doesn't work too well. Anyone else have this? The button will get pressed (without me doing it) causing it to switch songs, play/pause, hang up, etc. Any way to get around it? Suggestions?

~Dan
    2008-01-22 11:00 PM
    I assume you are speaking of your stock iphone headphones? I suppose it's possible that with the cold the pieces inside could be expanding. If this is the case there really is no fix other than getting them warm again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-01-22 11:21 PM
    Hi Dan,

I'm in canada and its freezing (-10 those days). The stock headphones are getting really hard in the cold weather. I' getting a pair of super.fi 4vi and i'll let you know if i get the same problem.

Vincent
    2008-01-23 09:13 AM
    I don't have the iPhone headphones but I do have the iPod Touch and yes I can confirm that when walking around, the thing becomes really hard and tightens up. Kinda funny in a way but I don't wanna wrap the headphones up and accidently snap something in half and not have no working headphones.

Wonder if Apple knows about this?
    2008-01-24 07:14 PM
    the hardening of the headphones is nothing new. I am in nova scotia and it is always freezing. I had apple earbuds since the first gen ipod and they all get hard in the cold.
    2008-01-27 03:17 AM
    like nipples mine get stiff in the cold
    2008-01-27 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD