So i bought a naked case from fommy.com,great case can use the touch screen even tho it has a screen over it,and wont scratch the silver bars on your 3g iphone!the only thing i do not like about the one from fommy is it seems they did not use really expensive acrylic but it is still great,as for now it is a temp case but great,until case mate gets there one in stock/shipping i highly suggest everyone gets one.

Can some one go to fommy.com and casemate.com and check both of the 3g naked cases and tell me whats the difference?and which is better
    Last edited by rud3bwoy; 2008-08-09 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-09 06:03 AM
    They say both are about the same.... do you get any kind of bubbles or marks under the screen?
    2008-08-09 09:10 AM
    well the case mate is better looks like it is made with better acrylic,has a lock that snaps on unlike fommy that just slides down into place,and i think the front is more sturdy to...i am going to get case mate once they have it on sale.
    2008-08-09 09:12 AM
    well the case mate is better looks like it is made with better acrylic,has a lock that snaps on unlike fommy that just slides down into place,and i think the front is more sturdy to...i am going to get case mate once they have it on sale.
    I am trying to get away from screen protectors.... I can't stand bubbles or dust under them and their are a pain to put on....

With your fommy can you see bubbles under the screen or marks and I am sure with the cut outs you will get dirt in there in time?
    2008-08-09 09:16 AM
    even if it gets dust u can open up and clean it.......it is a great case but case mate is very popular with there naked case u should research it...
    2008-08-09 09:17 AM
    even if it gets dust u can open up and clean it.......it is a great case but case mate is very popular with there naked case u should research it...
    Do you get any type of bubbles under the screen or pressure marks?
    2008-08-09 09:22 AM
    no pressure marks unless u press super hard,but get the case mate this company that made this one was just copying case mates and half assed it.
    2008-08-09 09:24 AM
    what kinda review is this... there's no pretty pictures
    "Search" is your friend
    2008-08-09 09:31 AM
    I read some where on this forum or another one that case mate is the best to go with... but then some say fommy...

I found this one on Macrumors and it looks nice as well... but I can see from the pics some pressure marks on the screen take a look...

Gear4 IceBox Pro for 2nd Gen iPhone - Mac Forums
    2008-08-09 09:31 AM
    google the one from case mate should be perfect
    2008-08-09 09:35 AM
    Watching these videos this one is for case mate I don't like the cut out for the ear as it is big and I don't care for that black ring around the screen......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RboPugKk6Hc]YouTube - The Naked Case 3G by Case-mate[/ame]

The fommy has a smaller cut out for the ear and doesn't have that ring around the screen....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EM-Udtbz5Q]YouTube - NuTouch Case for iPhone - Review[/ame]

But wonder what one is better myself...
    2008-08-09 09:49 AM
    IceBox Pro for iPhone 3G

looks amazing lol i would choose between case mate and that

can u buy the IceBox Pro for iPhone 3G in usa?if so where?

Watching these videos this one is for case mate I don't like the cut out for the ear as it is big and I don't care for that black ring around the screen..

that is what i hate is the ear piece,any site i can buy the gear box for usa looks really great oppose to the other two
    Last edited by rud3bwoy; 2008-08-09 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-09 09:53 AM
    IceBox Pro for iPhone 3G

looks amazing lol i would choose between case mate and that

can u buy the IceBox Pro for iPhone 3G in usa?if so where?

Watching these videos this one is for case mate I don't like the cut out for the ear as it is big and I don't care for that black ring around the screen..

that is what i hate is the ear piece,any site i can buy the gear box for usa looks really great oppose to the other two
    I think the fommy is pretty comparable to the Icebox.... cut out for ear and the screen.... as for the IceBox Pro if you read that thread I posted everyone is wondering where we can get them in the US as many want it but only the UK store has them right now...

I guess it would cost like $50.00 to get one shipped to us... but not sure....

Here is their site

GEAR4 NEW! IceBox Pro for iPhone 3G

Here's a list of all of the stores to where you could order the Ice Box Pro

GEAR4 - Free your tunes

I did a search on ebay and see they are pretty expensive... just depends on how bad you want one...

IceBox Pro, Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2008-08-09 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-09 10:06 AM
    how thick is the screen that covers the front? Is it the same thickness as the one on the Griffin wave case or thicker?
    2008-08-09 12:06 PM
    my problem with day one with these cases, the screen and the case will end up getting an air bubble. It annoys me to NO end
    2008-08-19 04:37 AM
    i will say this much stay away from the ones from fommy,poorly built,get a case mate one,can't wait to get mines this week when i get home and it should be in the mail
    2008-08-19 05:54 AM
    both cases suck...im sorry just not my taste....why not just use an invisble shield sold at apple stores....like a sticker to protect the screen....i just hate cases that come with some crap on top of the screen like that
    2008-08-20 10:01 AM
    I'm thinking of ordering this case..but what is the reception quality on this?...I had bought some nice "blinged" hard cases on ebay but notice that it blocked my reception and wifi concetion....is this a factor in this case??
    Last edited by marys25; 2008-09-06 at 06:43 PM.
    2008-09-06 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD