Hey there, I was considering getting a 3.5mm adapter for my iPhone so I went on eBay to check them out. They have cheapo ones at like around $4 after shipping and all, but I'm concerned about the quality loss. My questions are:

1. Will I lose quality when going through a "middle man" device? Obviously I think the answer is "yes" but I want to get it clarified.
    2. Is there a substantial (read: noticeable) difference between the "cheap" devices and the "branded" ones? If so, which one do you recommend?
    3. I'm not really "on a budget" here, but I kind of think it would be ridiculous even spending CLOSE to $10 for one of these adapters. What is your opinion on this?

Thanks in advance!
    2008-01-31 08:59 AM
    hey!

i had the same concerns,

i looked at thew 'cheapos' and read reviews and a lot had bad feedback and some like the belkin, where its rigid pole, can snap in pocket

so i ended up going back to basics and actually seeking out an apple OEM cable made for shuffle and sports cases, its white and have been using it no problem for a few months now.

the seller on ebay is droopymccool and the title he sells them is OEM APPLE iPHONE HEADSET ADAPTER - it came to me new and sealed in the typical little apple foil square.

i think it was 10 dollars plus shipping, but to me is well worth it as its apples own cable and not a third party unit. HTH
    2008-01-31 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD