Does anyone know where I can get an extension cable? The small 12 inch one is too short if you want to text message while it's connected to the usb/audio ports inside the arm rest. I tried a 30 pin ipod extension cable I found on ebay but it didnt work. (no remote control of songs then) I'm thinking of getting a usb extension cable and a 3.5 mm audio extension able since that is what the end of the bmw cable plugs into after it splits off from the iphone side. Any other options?
    2008-08-14 01:47 AM
    I just received the following two cables, and they work great. I no longer have to worry about the BMW being too short. The center council closes down around the cables if you press a bit harder. They then tuck neatly in the seat crack out of sight.

For only $0.52 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3.5mm Stereo Plug/Jack M/F Cable - 6ft | 3.5mm Audio Cables

For only $0.80 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6FT USB 2.0 A to A Male/Female Extension Cable (Black) | USB 2.0 Extension Cable - A Male to A Female

When you want to play non ipod audio, all you do is unplug the usb cable.

My ProclipUSA Tilt Swivel should show up in a few days. This will complete my car iphone upgrade.

ProClip Mounting System - Choose Your Country
    2008-08-19 10:43 PM
    I tried a 30 pin ipod extension cable I found on ebay but it didnt work. (no remote control of songs then)
    Any other options?
    CableJive has an iPhone/iPod extension cable that is much higher quality than the ones being sold on eBay. They support a wider range of functions, so controlling the iPod or iPhone works perfectly.

CableJive: Dock Extender Cable for iPod and iPhone
    2008-08-26 04:52 PM
    CableJive has an iPhone/iPod extension cable that is much higher quality than the ones being sold on eBay. They support a wider range of functions, so controlling the iPod or iPhone works perfectly.

CableJive: Dock Extender Cable for iPod and iPhone
    Perfect thanks!

I also ordered a 6" usb pigtail. (A-male / A-female)
    I slit open the shield and cut the green/white wires. This makes it so I can keep my iphone charging and play my iphones generic non-ipod sounds/apps music through the bmw aux in system without the bmw autoplaying ipod music. Once ipod music starts you cant play any other system sounds so this pig tail is a nice work around.

Also, I have my iphone held in place via ProClip Mounting System - Choose Your Country (works very well)
    2008-08-26 09:18 PM
    dont txt while you drive please .
    2008-08-26 11:25 PM
    The CableJive Extention cable seems to not always charge my iphone 90% of the time even though the charge icon and beep happens when you plut in. So while I get audio, it stops charging!

Here is my next try:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/accesso...ne-screen.html
    2009-02-11 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD