I'm looking for a long cable that charges the iphone/ipod. The one that comes with the iphone/ipod is approximately three feet long. I was looking for one that was maybe twice the length. The three foot cable hardly reaches from the wall to anywhere. I wanted to see if anyone knew of where to purchase one or if the part even existed. Thanks.
    2008-09-02 06:16 PM
    Check this out. All you need is a 30-pin to USB cable. 30-pin is commonly referred to as 'iPod'. So iPod to USB is acceptable as well.

For ~ $15 you can get a 6 foot cable. $15 because it is made by Belkin. You could get a knock-off brand for probably half that.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-09-03 10:20 AM
    Or you could just buy a really long USB cable, all you'd need to do is attach the iPhone cable to it.
    2008-09-03 10:23 AM
    Yea, you could just use a usb extension cable like 461 said. Only issue with that is those are usually more expensive then that sync cable that the hottguy up there listed..
    2008-09-03 05:16 PM
    Cheap and easy?

USB Cable

Scroll down to USB 2.0 Extension Cable - A Male to A Female

It's only 1 dollar, and shipping is cheap. monoprice is where I get just about anything when it comes to cables.

Need Higher quality, and full 30pin support?
    CableJive: Jive with iPod and iPhone
    CableJive: Dock Extender Cable for iPod and iPhone(I got this one for my BMW iDrive, the cheaper one on ebay didnt work)
    2008-09-04 11:01 PM
    +1

Dude, you just got thanked! I've never heard of monoprice before, but I bet I will use them! :-)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-09-05 07:21 AM
    I also have never heard of monoprice before, but I got the A to A male/female and now I have a 9' dock cable! Works great, and it came pretty quick too, a few short days. And nicely packaged. Thanks for the referral. I'm sure I'll shop them again in the future.
    2008-09-18 05:57 AM
    I also have never heard of monoprice before, but I got the A to A male/female and now I have a 9' dock cable! Works great, and it came pretty quick too, a few short days. And nicely packaged. Thanks for the referral. I'm sure I'll shop them again in the future.
    yeah I've been a fan for years. I first found them surfing around avsforum.com Check out how cheap HDMI cables are too, I dont know how they stay in business even.
    2008-09-18 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD