User Tag List

I just bought a new one today and i am terrified to take it out of the box without having a case and/or screen protector. Anyone know when or at least around when these will be coming out. Also are there any cases out now that would fit it until i got a new one. I spoke with an apple representative and he told me a incase slider would fit it but that doesnt make to much sense to me. Please help and answer quick as my iPod is just sitting there laughing at me.

Edit:
    i just realized this is the iphone forum. can someone move it to the ipod forum...thanks.
    Last edited by ezbaiby; 2008-09-16 at 05:00 AM.
    2008-09-16 04:57 AM
    In case slider IS one of the best looking cases.

I have an iPhone, and Ive tried a bunch of different cases, but I usually take them off after a minute or two. Apple made these things sleek and slim, and It doesnt feel right to bulk it up with a hunk of plastic. I am using the Anti-Glare screen protector from Apple, but the back is naked, and I think its much better that way. Im just careful with it, and so far so good, no major scratches.

knock on wood
    Last edited by Chefanim; 2008-09-16 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-16 01:36 PM
    lol gotcha but i am a complete freak when it comes even to a fingerprint on my ipod so if its even possible i would put the invisible shield on and then cover it with a case...i just get really protective of my ipod....which is funny cuz my laptop is one of the most dented and scratched up thinks ive ever seen....maybe someone wants to sponsor a mac for this pc hater????!!!!!!!
    2008-09-16 07:19 PM
    Just go for an incase and a screen protector and you'll be fine. Thats probably the best way to keep as close to the original shape as possible. Of course if you want a thick plastic thing, you could always trade it in for a Zune
    2008-09-17 01:06 AM
    ahhh heresy how dare u say that.lol yeah i think im gonna go with the incase
    2008-09-17 07:44 AM
    Do what you will.... but as for me I like my gadgets how I like my women....

NAKED
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2008-09-17 06:13 PM
    Youve got a case for it already - just check your sock drawer for the one that doesnt have a match.
    2008-09-17 09:24 PM
    i was thinking about that but could it scratch the screen or back?
    2008-09-17 11:06 PM
    major issue? Yeah, right!
    2008-09-17 11:29 PM
    as long as there are no rocks in your socks you should be ok
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2008-09-17 11:30 PM
    yes it is a major issue and im not sure why i asked that i dont have rocks in my socks though
    2008-09-18 05:01 AM
    i have the answer...put it inside a condom.
    2008-09-18 09:33 PM
    i have the answer...put it inside a condom.
    vibrating, flavor, lubricated, or magnum?

here is a nice case from griffin
    Griffin Technology: Nu Form

i've also talk to switcheasy, and they said the case will come out in 2 weeks. my guess is that all 2g itouch cases are coming out early oct.
    2008-09-19 05:38 AM
    i think apple should just make theyre own cases and let them out the same day as the ipod
    2008-09-19 09:27 AM
    And require us to pay, most likely, upwards of $40 for a case? I'd def not want that. They charge $50 for cables, another $50 for a dock (with remote), and $30 for the iPhone 3G dock. They are ridiculous, we are already paying for the stinkin' iPod/iPhone, but now they want to sell us the accessories... I'll pass.

Back on topic, I'd suggest going with a BSE or InvisibleShield + Silicone. Also, wait and see what SwitchEasy has to offer for the 2G iPT. I have the CapsuleRebel for my 3G, and it is seriously t!ts.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-09-19 11:46 AM
    well i was thinking more like getting a independent contractor to make and sell it but theyd have some sort of agreement not to let out specifications which is why i think they still didnt let any cases out yet

right now my plan is to get invisible shield and cover it with something{plastic,crystal,silicone etc} but i will be looking for switcheasy{btw whats BSE}
    2008-09-19 06:52 PM
    BestSkinsEver
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-09-19 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD