User Tag List

Saw these cool cases on iLounge... got good remarks there. Here is what they posted.

DRO Concepts presents their exclusive Carbon Fiber iPhone 3G Cases. The cases are made of authentic aerospace grade carbon fiber and offer a dual-layer design. Using an innovative new manufacturing process, the tough outer shell is made completely of carbon fiber. The interior is lined with snug, high quality, neoprene to provide a supple cushion and the cases are finished off with a high gloss scratch resistant coating. The design offers full access to all iPhone 3G features and controls, and is available in carbon or silver. Each DRO Concepts carbon fiber iPhone 3G case comes with D-shield screen protection film and a micro-fiber polishing cloth. Their carbon fiber cases are available now and sell for $84.99

URL: DRO Concepts: Carbon Fiber Cases for iPhone, iPhone 3G, and Laptops

Has anyone tried one of these?
    2008-11-24 06:26 PM
    Kinda pricey, and really doesnt look all that great. Im not a fan of cases that cover any of the front of the phone. Make me a carbon fiber incase slider and ill be happy.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2008-11-24 09:42 PM
    Kinda pricey, and really doesnt look all that great. Im not a fan of cases that cover any of the front of the phone. Make me a carbon fiber incase slider and ill be happy.
    I agree. The Incase slider is the best case I've had. Looks great, doesn't add much size, fits like a glove.
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-11-24 10:11 PM
    I will have to agree with Chefanim they are pretty ugly and overpriced...but each there own.
    <*~Andrea~*>
    iPhone 1st Gen. 8GB
    Unlocked/Jailbroken 2.1
    Windows Vista
    2008-11-24 10:12 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys... I know carbon fiber is something some prefer while others don't and I am lucky enough to be able to afford this case.

What I really want to know is.... has anyone tried one yet? I really like the way they look in the pictures...

but from experience with other companies... cough cough marware... the pictures don't always represent what you get.

Thanks again.
    2008-11-25 02:20 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys... I know carbon fiber is something some prefer while others don't and I am lucky enough to be able to afford this case.

What I really want to know is.... has anyone tried one yet? I really like the way they look in the pictures...

but from experience with other companies... cough cough marware... the pictures don't always represent what you get.

Thanks again.
    I love Carbon fiber and prefer it too, while I can afford this... I wouldnt dare buy it...
    The case design is terrible-

It doesnt even fit right...
    Look where the camera is.. there are big gaps.
    The front is disgusting it not only looks like crap it looks like blocks the sensors... 1gen or 3g-

The case is again designed terrible, its bulky and not built correctly to the lines of the phone...

They need to redesign it... yes Like a Incase Slider or at the very least something similar...

its not like you can't bend, shape or mold CF to how you want it
    Last edited by Carrbone; 2008-11-26 at 01:26 AM.
    2008-11-25 11:13 PM
    We I have decided I'm going to buy a carbon fiber case for my iPhone 3G... I have found 3 possible options.

We got iflackjacket.com which says they have one for 3G, but Im not crazy about the finish. And there is something on macrumors forums about people getting ripped off by them. Anyone had one of these before, thoughts?

And also belchco which says they to have one for the 3G, but I can't find any more info or pics about it (the 3G case). But it is the least expensive of the three and seems to be the most popular.

And last we have had droconcepts.com which is what this thread is about. This seems to be the option I'm leading towards, as it looks to have the gloss finish I want and seems to be getting good reviews.

I agree with you Carrbone that I REALLY WANT A SLIDER STYLE CF CASE but for the life of me can't find one? Any pointers?

Does anyone actually have a CF case out there?
    2008-12-01 05:40 PM
    I loved the feel of carbon fiber on my Wing. But this just looks terrible on the iphone
    2008-12-02 04:29 AM
    its all about the incase slider. that is the best and i love it

Slider Case For iPhone : Incase Product
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2008-12-02 04:59 AM
    I loved the feel of carbon fiber on my Wing. But this just looks terrible on the iphone
    +1 Try Again might look better on a black phone too.

Take a look at this one its similar but just looks better and the price is far too.
    More CF Case
    Last edited by ct9amr9; 2009-01-05 at 12:20 AM.
    2009-01-05 12:16 AM
    We I have decided I'm going to buy a carbon fiber case for my iPhone 3G... I have found 3 possible options.

We got iflackjacket.com which says they have one for 3G, but Im not crazy about the finish. And there is something on macrumors forums about people getting ripped off by them. Anyone had one of these before, thoughts?

And also belchco which says they to have one for the 3G, but I can't find any more info or pics about it (the 3G case). But it is the least expensive of the three and seems to be the most popular.

And last we have had droconcepts.com which is what this thread is about. This seems to be the option I'm leading towards, as it looks to have the gloss finish I want and seems to be getting good reviews.

I agree with you Carrbone that I REALLY WANT A SLIDER STYLE CF CASE but for the life of me can't find one? Any pointers?

Does anyone actually have a CF case out there?
    The ones that don't have glossy finish are likely carbon fiber leather, or just exposed CF without clearcoat. You could just clearcoat it and it'd look good.

Or, to really go all out. you could wrap another case in a very thin layer of CF...it won't cost you more than about 30 bucks, but then, it's pretty difficult to mold around all the bends yourself.

other than that, there's not much to do but wait for someone to come out with the perfect CF case. I'm waiting for that too, so that my iPhone will finally match my car interior.
    2009-01-06 11:48 AM
    Now that is a lot of brass air fittings Wholesale Tools With Free Shipping World Wide From China Distributor there is just about every type
    of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
    used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.
    2009-01-07 05:55 AM
    Why would someone put this much effort into making an iPhone case.

In many cases functionality is a trade off of looks and this is definitely the case.

Good for protection...
    But doesn't look that great
    mod edit/links removed
    2009-01-10 05:53 AM
    ^To like carbon fiber, you really have to appreciate it. It's not the type of thing that looks good to everyone. Mostly auto enthusiasts of some sort.
    2009-01-11 07:24 AM
    Why would anyone need that much velcro? These guys sell it by the roll 1000's Of Chinese Wholesale Items Shipped Direct From China ToYourDoor and is
    hook and look and velcro the same thing?
    2009-01-12 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD