have you guys seen this beautiful, carved wood iPhone case from Miniot?

You can add your initials, a monogram or even a logo. It's not the cheapest case around (case, matching dock & carved logo will run you $165), but it's so hot.

How do you think the case will affect EDGE, wifi and phone connectivity? I'd hate to get one and then have to take it off whenever I want to use my phone.
    2008-03-03 05:56 PM
    Wow what an awesome idea, looks f'n great too. Way too pricey for me tho. I would think it would split pretty easy if dropped. As far as the signal goes, that wood is so thin it probably wouldn't affect the signal at all.
    2008-03-03 06:54 PM
    That is a freakin cool case.
    2008-03-03 07:07 PM
    I have one, and it's an excellent case. Doesn't add much size to the iphone, and I haven't noticed any reduction of phone or edge signal.
    2008-03-03 08:46 PM
    I came sooo close to getting one of those. Changed my mind at the last minute....They're just too expensive. If they came in ebony, I'm sure my resolve would yield, though.
    2008-03-03 08:56 PM
    Now that is styleish. Do they come for the iPod touch as well??
    Anyone interested in a trade? See here:
    Trade: 16GB iPod touch + case + speakers + CASH for 16GB iPhone

Windows, just another pane in the glass.
    2008-03-09 01:49 PM
    Hello all,
    A friend of mine got the Padouk case. It looked awesome and is extremely well crafted, they did a great job machining the wood. The two halves are held together with small but strong magnets. Overall it is a great looking case and it works great too.

The downsides are that the opening for the connector only accepts apple connectors (no 3rd party cheap connectors) and the headphone jack is the same way. To accommodate his Shure E3C's I helped him machine the hole larger. The case is also pretty fragile, he dropped it about 1.5 feet onto a table top and the corner near the speakers broke off. It was pretty easily fixed with standard wood glue.

To put it in another way he said: "I need a case for my case." But if you have the money to drop it is a great looking case.

Peter
    2008-03-12 07:23 AM
    Nothing short of amazing. Very clever idea indeed.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2008-03-14 03:15 AM
    Nothing short of amazing. Very clever idea indeed.
    lol am I the only one that thinks it reminds me of those old cars with the wooden vinyl's on the side? Looks cheap to me
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did
    2008-03-14 07:52 PM
    Wouldn't want termites crawling on my phone... :P
    2008-03-14 07:58 PM
    @aahandagr8: That would suck.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2008-03-14 10:56 PM
    lol am I the only one that thinks it reminds me of those old cars with the wooden vinyl's on the side? Looks cheap to me
    no!
    Thanks is an acknowledgment
    2008-04-10 01:19 PM
    I got one and must say "well worth every penny" first craftmanshp and a great talking peace when others see my phone. It give 100% protection all round the phone, however the screen is open to nocks... Now putting a mirror sceen protector on to at the finishing touch...

John
    2008-04-12 03:44 PM
    This completely defeats the purpose of a case.
    2008-04-13 02:49 AM
    This completely defeats the purpose of a case.
    What sort of reply is that! would you care to expand on your remarks!!! "what in your opinion is the purpose of a case then"?

At the end of the day what is one persons taste may not be anothers..

John
    2008-04-13 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD