The SkinTight (black version tested) by Speck definitely doesn't work for me. I thought it fit very well, and felt good in my hand as well - a rubbery feel with very good traction.

However, the big draw-back for me was the lint it caught. Because the rubbery surface has such a traction and almost-sticky feel, any lint/flecks of stuff in my pockets was all over the case. And yes, they were clean pants. Tested in a few different pairs of pants.

And I just can't have my $600 iPhone looking like crap.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-07-02 02:30 AM
    I bought the similar unit, with belt clip and two skins, one clear and one black, pulls the lint in. I just washed mine by hand and it come clean
    2007-07-02 09:36 AM
    Right, mine comes clean as well with washing, but I don't want a skin that is going to be covered in lint every time I pull it from my pocket.

2007-07-02 06:06 PM
    Yeah, I think the clear skintight is alright - although doesn't match the sexy of the iPhone. I've pulled mine off a few times when I knew I was going to be demoing/showing off the new baby.

You reall want something on the outside that is worthy of the $600 investment! I have the black InCase sitting on a fedex truck in transit to me now... ordered from apple.com store b/c the local apple store said they don't last 2 mins when they restock 'em.
    2007-07-09 06:43 PM
    Same with me.

2007-07-09 10:15 PM
    I have the toughskin, which is a heavy-duty version of the skin tight (more impact resistant) in clear.

Functionally, it is very good. My iphone already took a tumble and was completely protected by the case. I haven't noticed a lint problem, but the clear plastic is already starting to look a little yellow...
    2007-07-18 02:58 PM
    I have the speck case also I used the clip it came with but felt very uncomfortable with it because I was afraid of it falling out so I started using my old trek 700w leather case its kind of a tight fit and needs a little super glue because the rubber likes to grab it but makes me feel way better than the clip
    2007-08-02 02:30 AM
    Look now you can get them here.

2007-08-02 02:59 AM
    dam so the clip is not that secure? i get mine on Monday i hope i like it cuz it'll be the 3rd case and $90 that i have waisted and yet to be happy with one.
    2007-08-02 09:58 PM
    Mine worked fine.

2007-08-02 10:01 PM
    hey so you like it poetic? any complaints? thx
    2007-08-02 11:23 PM
    I wound up stopping use it but only because I think the iPhone's look is so sexy I just can't put it in a case. But I bought 4 cases, and thats the only one I would use OR recommend. So yah, buy it.

2007-08-03 06:13 AM
    kool thx I get it on Monday hopefully, I hope it's the last skin/case i'll have to buy
    2007-08-03 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD