i purchased the S9's when they were first released and had the same skipping problem while running which is what i bought them for. i tried them on my motorola Q as well and had the same problem.

i sold them on ebay shortly after i bought them.

another thing i thought i would mention is that they were very uncomfortable in my left ear to the point that they began to hurt. obviously we all have different sized ears but i returned the first pair i bought and the second pair was the same way. it actually felt like i was still wearing them for some time after taking them off in my left ear.

i also found that they were not suited well for running as the heavy back receiver unit would bounce when i ran.

over all i think it is a great looking headset but i dont recommend them when asked.

i have yet to find a decently priced BT stereo headset that works for running.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
    2009-04-28 02:53 PM
    i purchased the S9's when they were first released and had the same skipping problem while running which is what i bought them for. i tried them on my motorola Q as well and had the same problem.

i sold them on ebay shortly after i bought them.

another thing i thought i would mention is that they were very uncomfortable in my left ear to the point that they began to hurt. obviously we all have different sized ears but i returned the first pair i bought and the second pair was the same way. it actually felt like i was still wearing them for some time after taking them off in my left ear.

i also found that they were not suited well for running as the heavy back receiver unit would bounce when i ran.

over all i think it is a great looking headset but i dont recommend them when asked.

i have yet to find a decently priced BT stereo headset that works for running.

did you have the regular (red) s9? I didn't care for the way they fit on my ears either if I wore them a long time it would bother me. However the new s9hd they fit much better in my opinion they haven't bothered me and I have wore them for over 3 hours straight.
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason
    2009-04-28 10:48 PM
    did you have the regular (red) s9? I didn't care for the way they fit on my ears either if I wore them a long time it would bother me. However the new s9hd they fit much better in my opinion they haven't bothered me and I have wore them for over 3 hours straight.

yes the original red is what i had.

have you tried to run by chance with yours? i was wondering about the bouncing effect that also bothered me?

thanks
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
    2009-04-28 10:50 PM
    @fletch33, I trained for a marathon with the s9hds (40 miles a week) and they work real well for me. I would pack my iPhone into my hydration belt and run with them all over the place. I notice little bounce when running, at least not enough to bother me. I never had the S9 tho.
    2009-04-28 11:31 PM
    Yea the skipping is all the headset, not the phone. However to get by it, throw your phone in a belt clip and attach it to your belt. As long as its on your belt, and at your side, it should not skip any longer. For some reason it works much better when its out of a pocket opposed to in a pocket. Weird. If you get one of those arm band holsters that they have for the ipods, I GUARANTEE your skipping problem will be over.
    2009-04-28 11:49 PM
    yes I have the bouncing isn't that bad. or atleast to me it wasn't. The new ear pieces on the s9hd seems to hold them in place better. It also doesn't seem to try to go into my ear as much as the original s9 did. I like the hd ones A WHOLE LOT BETTER.
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason
    2009-04-29 12:01 AM
    I got both the s9hd and the Sony Ericsson IBH-800. The s9hd skips while the SE doesn't. The S9 has better sound though and it has volume control which the IBH-800 lacks. I've had to manually change the volume of my tunes via iTunes so I won't lose my hearing because the volume control doesn't work on the iPhone. I'm using a bluetooth dongle and the 3.0 beta 2 I tried didn't correct the problem.

Overall I'm using the s9hd more even though it's not as comfortable and because it has a lot more battery life than the IBH-800.
    2009-05-03 01:55 AM
    how can i get the beta 3.0 i have this same headset and would love to be able to use them ?
    2009-05-03 08:39 AM
    PM me if you are interested in 3.0
    2009-05-03 09:35 AM
    I bought the S9 HDs last week. Aside from issues with keeping the damn thing on my big-*** head, they work GREAT. The sound quality is way above average, and the bass response is awesome. I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely a huge step up from the Jaybird JB-200i headphones. And the SRS WOW setting adds a great additional element to the music.

The only issue I have with the audio is that there's a slight, ever-so-minute scratchiness when listening to music (regardless if the files are lossy or lossless), but I chalk that up to the wireless connection.

Aside from that and the trickiness with my tremendous cranium, this was definitely a good buy.
    2009-06-15 06:35 PM
    its not too late. go back bro. LOL. It played fine today without locking.
    So you let it autolock or did you just disable autolock?
    If you disabled battery lock, thats a crazy battery killer.
    2009-06-18 06:50 AM
    I wanted to add my review of the S9 HD's that i bought a couple days ago.

I have't run with them on yet but i plan to do this today. Yesterday while i was on the elliptacle and i had absolutely ZERO SKIPPING and the sound was AWESOME. They sounded way better than the headphones u get with the iphone IMO. The bass response was amazing as i listen to heavy trance while doing cardio.

The fitting around the ears can definitely be annoying if you have big ears and/or a big head but for me they were great. The whole water resistance is a big plus as i have gone through three pairs of normal headphones sweating into the mic/remote and it not working any more at all.

I understand that the forward/reverse buttons don't work due to a missing profile with the iphone (I WISH THEY FIX THAT SOON!) but the play and volume buttons work which really are the most important ones. Once pocketouch is released for 3.0 i guess it wont really matter about the controls for me since i wear my iphone on my arm when i workout too.

The call clearity from the headphones are a bit weak. Its difficult to determine how loud you have to speak because you pretty much have earplugs in and my GF couldnt really hear me half the time unless i felt like i was screaming to myself.

I did have some skipping initially when i had my iphone in my contour flick when i was holding the iphone infront of me but again when it was not in a case and in my armband it worked like a charm.

These headphones are AMAZING and i would reccomend them to anyone who can get over the fact that the remote doesnt work and can afford the $100 bill.

Thats my 2 cents.
    2009-06-23 08:28 PM
    I wanted to add my review of the S9 HD's that i bought a couple days ago.

I have't run with them on yet but i plan to do this today. Yesterday while i was on the elliptacle and i had absolutely ZERO SKIPPING and the sound was AWESOME. They sounded way better than the headphones u get with the iphone IMO. The bass response was amazing as i listen to heavy trance while doing cardio.

The fitting around the ears can definitely be annoying if you have big ears and/or a big head but for me they were great. The whole water resistance is a big plus as i have gone through three pairs of normal headphones sweating into the mic/remote and it not working any more at all.

I understand that the forward/reverse buttons don't work due to a missing profile with the iphone (I WISH THEY FIX THAT SOON!) but the play and volume buttons work which really are the most important ones. Once pocketouch is released for 3.0 i guess it wont really matter about the controls for me since i wear my iphone on my arm when i workout too.

The call clearity from the headphones are a bit weak. Its difficult to determine how loud you have to speak because you pretty much have earplugs in and my GF couldnt really hear me half the time unless i felt like i was screaming to myself.

I did have some skipping initially when i had my iphone in my contour flick when i was holding the iphone infront of me but again when it was not in a case and in my armband it worked like a charm.

These headphones are AMAZING and i would reccomend them to anyone who can get over the fact that the remote doesnt work and can afford the $100 bill.

Thats my 2 cents.
    I got these for 60 USD brand new, <3 ebay. there are great deals out there if you look for them. i agree with most he said there, just wanna add some simple notes in there,

the phone clarity n overall mic clarity is awesome, was speakin with my sis on our phones n it worked fine n sound just fine with normal tone of voice unless ur in a loud area cause it seems to pick up alot of your surroundings, like ALOT.

pairing is cake, i got it paired to my 3g and ps3 no problems, once i enter a game requires the mic it cuts out mah music from the phone n begins the ps3 audio,flawlessly.

it only seems to skip when your iphone is processing stuff, like ur browsing or using a app, but only for split second then its fine but im also using a 3g, im sure the processor/ram on the new 3gs wont even come close to letting that happpen.

Comfortable? Can be after gettin used to those hard buds in your ear, if not placed properly into ur ear canal can get bothersome.
    i wish they sold diff types to put on the set to make it more comfortable but thats just me i think. something with little more cushion could seal the deal.

Until Stereo bluetooth headsets become alot more available in variety these by far have been best for me.

my only gripe like said above is apple releasing a2dp support, and not avcrp support is like selling macbooks with no cpu ... tards.

overall. Great headset, good buy imo, great sound and pairing.
    2009-06-24 03:57 PM
    I use the motorola S9. It usually works well for first half hour, then the sound starts to distort.

Mic for telephone conversations are also poor...

I used an adapter before, by infinixx, before version 3.0 was released. It has better sound quality than the existing A2DP profile made available in the 3.0 firmware.
    2009-06-25 08:45 AM
    I've been running with them a couple times now and they are STILL PERFECT!

I even kept my phone in my shorts after the run while i was at the gym and still no skipping whatsoever.

These would probably be the #1 accessory for anyone who works out and/or runs.
    2009-06-26 05:45 PM
    This is my first post as I just got a 3GS, but I had the original S9's and wanted to warn everyone that these headphones have a terrible problem with sweat. Do a google search about this and you will find plenty of people complaining about it...both the originals and HD's

I had my pair for almost a year and loved them for running outside. Then I started running on a treadmill inside where I sweated a little more and suddenly the volume up button stopped working. I used them once more and lost the one of the track buttons.

I was luckily able to exchange them under warranty but my second pair only lasted 3 or 4 workouts. Both the volume buttons and one of the speakers went out. This time my warranty was up so that was the end of them.

I searched online to see if there was a way to fix them but only found lots of people complaining about the same problems. I recently bought a pair of Jaybirds from Target to replace them and am very happy with them. They even have a warrenty (lifetime I believe) against sweat damage.
    2009-06-27 05:58 AM
    Thanks for the warning! I sweat alot but i have really short hair that doesn't really touch the headset. A moderator on here had trained for a marathon with these and didn't mention sweat. Maybe you just got some faulty headphones. But if i notice any problem ill be sure to take them back right away.
    2009-06-30 07:42 AM
    Couple of things I have noticed since buying these about 2 weeks.
    1. The problem with them skipping after auto-lock is strange. I don't think it is a bug so much as it has something to do with how Apple prioritizes processes. If there are a lot of processes running and the phone locks, the bluetooth connection suffers. You don't have to keep it unlocked to fix this, however. Whenever it does this, I just flip off wifi and the bluetooth connection works as normal when locked (thank god for sbsettings).
    2. Jeans definitely kill the bluetooth connection. I have a pair of khaki's that are easily thicker than all of my jeans and the bluetooth connection is fine with the phone in their pocket. Even with a thick sweatshirt on, the hood up over the headphones and the phone in my front pocket the music does not skip. This is, of course, beat since I wear jeans on the regular. The best solution I have found is to wear a collared shirt with a front pocket and put the phone in there.
    3. Regarding the A2DP profile, isn't pause and play a part of this profile? If so, why can they do that but not track forward and back? I have to guess that Apple included the profile, but failed on the track control rather than just leaving the profile out altogether.
    4. The headphones are great for music, but people do have trouble hearing me on a call.
    5. Battery life is fantastic. I can use them all day at work with no problem.
    6. As far as the sweat thing, I hope that that doesn't become a problem for me. I sweat like crazy and have been wearing them while doing yard work without a problem. I just hope it stays like that.
    7. Finally, the smaller ear pieces that they include are horribly uncomfortable. The ones in the headphones out of the box are much better (imho).

All in all, I like them and have used them everyday since I got them. There are drawbacks, but walking the dog without the headphone cord getting tangled up in the leash is priceless.
    2009-07-08 02:17 PM
    This is my first post as I just got a 3GS, but I had the original S9's and wanted to warn everyone that these headphones have a terrible problem with sweat. Do a google ...
    i just noticed you were talking about original s9. the HDs claim to be more sweat resistant.... just sayin
    2009-07-09 07:36 AM
    Well the 3GS has been out for ma while now and 3.01 has even been released. I've been waiting for news on Bluetooth Headsets hopefully designed to work with the iphone and suitable for jogging with. I've read this thread but most of the info it old and might be out of date.

does anyone have latest experience with Bluetooth headsets on a 3GS and any suggestions regarding what best of a source for good info?
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2009-08-09 11:55 AM
45 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD