I'm getting my first car, and it has a cassette player, so are three any good kits for my car--for a cheap price?
    2009-09-05 07:14 AM
    Yeah. I use the Philips cassette to AUX in my 06' A4. Works great.

It's cheap feeling like most of these, but it doesn't boost up the sound..
    Walmart.com: Philips Cassette Adapter: Audio

You should be able to find it at any Target.

Lovely

Not
    2009-09-05 07:20 AM
    ^Thanks, however, the audio isn't too bad, right?
    2009-09-05 07:46 AM
    Nope, it's better than FM transmission that's for sure but it's not as good as a direct AUX-In.

Lovely

Not
    2009-09-05 08:09 AM
    ^Yeah, but that costs a lot, right? Anyway, I'll be buying them from Ebay. I'm thinking about a cassette adapter with a car charger, or I may get the hands-free charger kit. Which one do you think is better? The cassette/car charger package would be less than $10, but the FM transmitter package is $20.

CAR CASSETTE TAPE ADAPTER FOR CD MP3 IPOD TOUCH IPHONE - eBay (item 390084504913 end time Sep-20-09 04:51:22 PDT)

FM TRANSMITTER iPHONE 3G FOR CAR CHARGER HANDS FREE KIT - eBay (item 320416584989 end time Sep-24-09 23:37:14 PDT)
    2009-09-05 08:50 AM
    Really, just buying the Phillps should do. The ones direct from China could have boosted bass or treble. This Phillps one although it probably cost the same to make in china, sounds better than most Cassette adapters.

Direct-AUX In depends on your car. However for most just getting a new headunit is cheaper.

And like I said the FM transmitters sound worse because they just do, there is a lot of static and it sounds like FM... you have to find a radio band that isn't used which shouldn't be hard but you would be MUCH better off with a cassette adapter over any other solutions.

Lovely

Not
    2009-09-05 08:59 AM
    ^They're both in the US, but I get your point. I'll go with the cheaper route and just order the cassette player and car charger for seven bucks on Ebay. In addition, one final question: how is the audio during phone conversations?

EDIT: Thanks again for all the help!
    2009-09-05 09:07 AM
    The distributor is in the US but I can assure you 100% that it's imported from a China based manufacture.. and make sure the car charger works because I have one and eventually it stops charging, maybe a minute after connecting it (this is a 3G).

I disconnect the aux when I get a call.

Lovely

Not
    2009-09-05 09:10 AM
    ^ I guess so--I don't much about Ebay, lol. Anyway, yeah, I'll be sure to check the car charger asap. So I'll put the order in tomorrow for the cassette player and the charger. However, I would want to test out the audio during calls. Thanks again...
    2009-09-05 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD