User Tag List

I know that there are already review out there for this but I already reviewed this product on another forum and I wanted to share it with you all as well.

Ok so I have had this case for a lil while now and here's my thoughts.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mophie-Juice-Rechargeable-Battery-iPhone/dp/B002BDU7U2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1265164368&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Mophie Juice Pack Air Case and Rechargeable Battery for iPhone 3G, 3G S (Black): Cell Phones & Service[/ame]

Pros:

1) Does increase you battery life. Now what I found is that if I run the iPhone's battery down to about 20% and then turn on (i'll explain "turn on" later) then it will charge the iPhone 3GS up to about 65%. BUT when I wake up in the morning and the case and the iPhone 3GS is fully charged, i'll just turn on the case battery and it will drain that battery first and the iPhone's second. I can make it to about 2-4pm on the case battery then the iPhone battery will kick in. Never have the 4 o'clock 20% warning anymore!!

2) The case actually has a "stand by" switch on the bottom right of the case. This will enable you to switch on and off the extra battey. I turn it on first thing in the morning and drain the case first. Like I said, it lasts me till about 2-3pm (when i get up around 7-8am and do moderate gaming, surfing, texting)

3) The case itself is sturdy. It does add significant size but it still feels good in your hands. It is plastic so dropping may crack some areas.

4) LED lights on the back show you how much charge is left on the case battery. It has 4 lights which I would assume represents 25% each. You hit a button and the lights turn on, then turn off in a few secs.

5) You can charge both the iPhone and the case at the same time via micro usb.

CONS:

1) The case .... now it feels good in your hands, but damn does it add size! It will double the width of your iPhone. You can still put it in your pocket, but don't wear those stupid skinny jeans. ALSO the silent, volume, and sleep buttons are really hard to hit because the case is so thick you have to dig a nail down there to hit them sometimes. The case comes in 2 pieces. They do snap together snugly and they never slip off during use. The case is a lil slippery, meaning the type of plastic used makes it kinda hard to hold the phone sometimes.

2) MICRO USB?!? I mean come on... It comes with a micro usb cord which sucks cause I don't have another one so I have to buy a backup one. The cord itself could be longer. I have a few iPhone accessories that I use like logitech speakers, iHome, and a FM transmitter in my truck that I use almost everyday, and i have to take off the case to use them since the case covers the pin connector and there is only a micro usb on the bottom.

3) Charging the case on it's own takes a few hrs.

4) $80!

OTHER THOUGHTS:

1) I read a lot about loosing a few single bars when you put the case on. I HAD NO PROBLEMS with this.

2) The case does not block the camera.

3) The case adds length too, but not enough to bother me.

Conclusion:

I'm glad that I bought the case. I hated running out of charge at 3pm everyday. If it wasn't for the size and the hard to hit buttons, it would be perfect!

Plz PM me if you have any questions!

ps. this is my first attempt to review anything so be nice!

thanks.
    2010-02-15 04:03 AM
    I was told the air case did have problems with signals, but i was also told that they have fixed that problem, as verified in your post, I had an incase powerslider and that killed my signal, and it broke after a couple of good drops...

I might consider getting this case instead
    2010-02-15 09:10 AM
    I had one. Although I had no issues with it interfering with my phone signal I did have issues which ruined the mophie for me: Eventually it would only charge with the phone inserted and then it would show a full charge on the LEDs when in fact it had no charge.
    2010-02-15 02:34 PM
    I had one. Although I had no issues with it interfering with my phone signal I did have issues which ruined the mophie for me: Eventually it would only charge with the phone inserted and then it would show a full charge on the LEDs when in fact it had no charge.
    That's weird. Yea I've had the case now for a month and a half and no probs yet. I did drop it and it now the casse has a crack next to the sleep button ... gah. So I guess this confirms that it really does not protect against drops.
    2010-02-15 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD