Just got my iphone 4G today and went to bestbuy to purchase a iFROGZ case

The case is awesome and really fits the phone perfect but Just noticed a major flaw in it ..

When you take a picture at night or in a Dark setting The powerful flash on the iphone reflects off the case and brings a blue tint to all the pictures that i take in low light where the Flash is used.

Its blue for me since the case I bought is blue..

I already threw away the box so I think im screwed with keeping this case..

but just wanted to let you guys know to stay away from this Case if you plan on ever take a pic where the flash is used.

I guess the only choice I have now is to see if i can use a dremel and make the hole bigger in the case where the flash is ...

this is the case

iFrogz - Case For Apple iPhone 4 - Blue/Black - IP4LO-BLU/BLK
    2010-06-25 08:52 AM
    I have two tone iFrogz case (red/black) I haven't noticed any red tint when I took pictures with flash.... weird...
    2010-06-25 07:57 PM
    try taking a picture with the Case on and then off. and make sure to Take the pictures in low light or darkness when the flash is most needed.

I tried this on two of my friends phones that have the same cases and it was the samething.

really a shame i liked this case
    2010-06-25 08:35 PM
    What about just drilling out the flash opening? Shouldn't take a second and you'd have one that worked.
    2010-06-25 08:53 PM
    I have been using the gunmetal ifrogz and I like it very much. I havent had any issues with flash but I will investigate more. Here is mine:
    iFrogz - Case For Apple iPhone 4 - Iron - IP4LL-GMT
    2010-06-25 09:16 PM
    haha yes i did take the plastic Off the back of the phone haha

The Problem is now Fixed.

I had To use a dremel to make the hole bigger. And then it was still reflecting off the white that was exposed..

So I used a sharpie marker to color in the white.. and now BAM !! works perfect with no shine or reflection.

I think it has to do with the Flash Being so bright that on the cases where it has a Shiny, reflective surface you get the blue around the bottom corner.

Try this by Taking a pic with and without the case.

Your gun metal one looks really cool by the way. but I dont think it would be reflective ... so maybe thats why it does not happen >

The case still looks nice and clean so it looks almost like it came like that .

I just made the hole As big as it was on the side Where the Camera lens Was. its all even now

I really thinks its because the companies did not have a chance to test there products on the iphone before launch.

EDIT:

Here are a few pictures to help Others who might have this issue better understand

(this is after I modded the case and fixed the issue)

Last edited by brokentwice; 2010-06-25 at 10:55 PM.
    2010-06-25 10:41 PM
    If mine ever does that, I will dremel it out too
    2010-06-25 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD